About to have LSH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

About to have LSH About to have LSH

Unread 02-23-2005, 12:00 PM
About to have LSH

I am about to have a Laproscopic Subcervical Hysterectomy soon and I wanted to know if any ladies had any remarks concerning their surgery? They make it sound very simple and less invasive, but I just kinda wanna get a true feeling for what I can look forward to after the surgery.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2005, 01:04 PM
lsh

Hi-

I'm almost a month out from my lsh-worst part was the bowel prep!

1/28 8ish I had my surgery-I was being wheeled out to my car 1ish and got lightheaded. Verdict-low bp. I stayed all night for 'observation'. The dr. ordered me the 'regular diet' for dinner-turkey, etc. I was starved and had no problems eating!

Overnight, it hurt to get up and I had that 'gas pain in the right shoulder' typical for lsh. Otherwise, sore but no real pain. I left for home 1/29 at 10.

For the first couple days at home, getting up and down was still the source of additional discomfort-I still wouldn't call it 'pain'. I slept a lot the first week. I never had to take anything for gas or bms.

I have my post op appt. 1/25 and fully expect the dr. to say I can do as I please-except maybe for weight lifting.

If you'd like more info, feel free to pm me!

Edwina
Unread 02-23-2005, 07:47 PM
About to have LSH

lreid,

My experience is very similar to cmouse's (Edwina), in fact we've been comparing notes with each other (hello!)

When I awoke in recovery I felt zero pain. I began to feel nauseus so got some fenagren (spelled wrong I'm sure) in my IV. It made me sleep for two hours. When I awoke, about an hour later I felt more swollen and achy/bruisy, so asked for my IV Toradol (a super NSAID). They continued giving that to me every 6 hours until I was released the next afternoon. While laying still I never felt pain. The most uncomfortable for me was getting in and out of bed and up and down on the toilet while in the hospital. Twisting the torso caused a pulling/stinging on some of my incisions. (I have 4 1/4 inch incisions)

After I got home I took Motrin (600 mg) to help with inflammation, and never felt pain. My abdomen bruised and became achy around the incisions, but that has lessened with time. I'm at 3/12 weeks now and have only a swelly belly in my way. Of course, I am taking it easy and not doing much of anything but sleeping, sitting and walking.

I think you will find you will be very comfortable with this procedure. I am so thankful that I was able to have it the LSH way, but would still have been a happy woman if I ended up with SAH!

Good luck,

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2005, 08:47 PM
About to have LSH

Hi lreid:

I had my LSH 8 weeks ago and feel great!

Yes, I had some pain and swelling after the surgery. I had 2 incisions plus an incision in the bellybutton. All are healed now. I did have some residual hip pain, some of which was caused by the morcellator (the grinder they hook up to get the uterus into smaller pieces to remove).

It is still MAJOR surgery--please take care of yourself during your recovery time! There is still major healing going on internally so don't overdo it!

Best of luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register