Am I weird? Date is set & I'm happy! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I weird?  Date is set & I'm happy! Am I weird? Date is set & I'm happy!

Unread 05-08-2001, 09:09 PM
Am I weird? Date is set & I'm happy!

I agree with the other ladies... you are not weird at all. My surgery is 9 days away and I'm really excited. After the first few weeks, I will no longer have to dread 8-day periods, every 3 weeks. I have fibroids and they've disrupted my life in so many ways... after the surgery, they'll be no more... who wouldn't look forward to that?
I can't say I'm not nervous about the surgery, as I'm sure you are too... that's the hard part -- but after that, we can both look forward to smooth sailing. :-)
I wish you good luck and good health in the weeks to come. And remember, we're here to share whatever you're feeling.
Hugs, Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2001, 08:43 AM

I too am looking forward to my surgery (tomorrow!). Other's think I'm nuts but like most of you, I just want my life back. Excessive and frequent bleeding, pain etc. has put a major dent in my lifestyle. Even my DH is looking forward to getting his wife back (although he worries about the surgery) I am having a sub-total abdominal hysterectomy, removal of the left ovary & tube, and they are fixing my bladder as well. Took today off work to get last minute things done around the house before going in tomorrow morning. My kids are all old enough to clean, make meals etc. (ages 20, 18, 18 (yes twins) and 12).

Some people have understood when I explain what my life has been like for the past 3 years. Others still think I'm crazy to be looking forward to major surgery. I wonder if it is related to having a tubal - I had one 11 years ago.

This site is wonderful - I have found so much info and tips here. I'll let everyone know how it went when I get home (prob Monday).

Wish me luck!

Debbie
Unread 05-09-2001, 08:58 AM
YES!!

I had a tubal 5 years ago and that's when the absolute worst of the pain started. I've always had severe cramps, but a couple of months after the tubal the really bad, put-me-in-bed-in-agony pain started. I'm convinced that's when I developed endometriosis.

As for your being "weird"....naw...you're not weird. I'm nervous about the surgery, but I'm also looking forward to it. Get it over once and for all.
Unread 05-09-2001, 08:58 AM
{{{{{Debbie}}}}

The very best of luck tomorrow. Smart thing you did, taking the day to prepare! I am sending you my love and warmest wishes. Please let us know how you are doing when you are able to do so!

Kathy
Unread 05-09-2001, 09:02 AM

You're absoutely not weird. I'm scheduled for next Friday and I can't wait. Honestly, if they called right now and said be there now, I'd go. I'm ready to get this done. I haven't had all the problems other have spoken of. I have had four kids and then tubal. I didn't have problems then either. I simply have a large hole that doesn't seem to remember the size it should've gone back to!! And now everything is trying to escape. I have had some heavy periods the last 6 or so months and you can bet I'm not going to miss that at all. I guess that's going to be the best part, no pads!! Another benefit of having kids, tampons get lost, so I have a pad on all the time. Just have to change sizes for different times of the month.

Hope things so smoothly and you WILL get your life back.

Tammy
Unread 05-09-2001, 11:36 AM

First, you are as weird as me! I am as excited and happy about my June 6 date as I am about any big event.
My sister had her tuba at about 36l, and two years later as she waited in the ER for her hyster, two nurses asked her if she had had a tubal. She said yes and the nurses said they were seeing so many hysters that seemed to be related. It was no scientific study, just their observation! Wow!
Unread 05-09-2001, 07:34 PM

If you are like I was, You will be thinking no morepads, tampons, cramps or bleeding like I am dying. Why wouldn't you look forward to that? No you are not weird! If you are then I guess we all are. Hang in there!!
Unread 05-09-2001, 09:33 PM
Happy!!

When the dr. told me I was to have mine done, I was so happy! I had already undergone an ablation that didnt work, and the periods had come back full force, like they had never been gone! I thought I was alone in feeling this way because everywhere I go I am the odd one out because I am not trying to have more babies. The only problem I have now is what to do with the case of "gun boats" I bought the week before surgery! lol. So glad I'm not alone.
Unread 05-09-2001, 10:31 PM

Hello,

I feel so relieved to read a post from someone who is feeling like I do! My TVH is scheduled for May 15th, and I am happy too!

I have had such horrible pain and bleeding since my second child was born 5 1/2 years ago. I am ready to have this done!

Good luck to you, and God Bless!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register