Almost 7 weeks post-op, having some pain and bleeding - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Almost 7 weeks post-op, having some pain and bleeding Almost 7 weeks post-op, having some pain and bleeding

Unread 03-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Almost 7 weeks post-op, having some pain and bleeding

Thank you for your encouraging words Colleen. I am actually sitting in the waiting room at the Dr office right now (thank goodness for e-mail on my blackberry!). For some reason I am feeling incredibly nervous! Don't know why. Just do. Suddenly I forget everything I wanted to ask him! I should have known that this would happen and written everthing down. I just know that i'll leave the office and then remember a whole bunch of stuff I forgot and then kick myself! Sigh! I'm tired today. I was awake from 1:30 to about 4:30 last night. Am I the only one who can't sleep through the night?
As far as our "vaccation" goes....I understand about the sun issue Colleen. I'm a HUGE sunscreen user. My skin is very sensitive. The reason I suggested Mexico is because I live in Canada and right now we have HUGE piles of snow outside. I'm ready for some warmth and for wearing summer clothes. Sadly it will be close to May before that happens! I'm up for a holiday anywhere! As long as we can crash and as long as my kids don't come! As much as I adore them its so hard to rest with them around.
I just realized that i'm babbling. I do that when i'm nervous. Wish me luck and hugs.
Meg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Re: Almost 7 weeks post-op, having some pain and bleeding

Good luck!! And don't worry about "babbling". I think that's what we all do here. No, you aren't the only one not sleeping. I have terrible insomnia. My Dr. says it's normal. Great!! I hear ya on the vaca without kids. I love mine dearly, but everyonce inawhile......well you know. Don't worry about any questions you forget to ask the Dr. I find that I actually get more help from this sight than I do the Doc. Good Luck and I can't wait to hear what happens. !!
Unread 03-04-2010, 12:09 PM

Sprite97,
You have your hands full. I know what that is like as I have five boys, ages 15,17,20,22,24. Mine are older and I only have the two youngest at home but I remember those days. And my two youngest, they have been so helpful too but they joke about me doing nothing, taking naps, laying arond in the chair, etc. What they can't see, they think I should be better by now. I can't imagine going to work right now. I couldn't do it, I can't sit here too long and type, it starts to hurt but I do know it will get better. Each day or each week I should say, shows improvement and that is what counts. We will get through it!
Meg,
I will be anxiously waiting to hear about your doctor visit. I am glad that you posted since you have reminded me to write down my questions. I never can remember once I get back there and I have a bunch of questions. I hope your doctor takes the time to answer them (what you can remember) and yes, I can relate to the waking up at night. I actually started that before my surgery because I had been in menopause for 1 1/2 years and I call it my menopause awakening. I wake up, boing! and can't go back to sleep. Can't explain it either so I always get up and watch tv until I get sleepy again.
I live in Florida and can go to the beach anytime but don't feel well enough yet!!
Good luck, hope to hear good news.
Thank you both!!
Hugs,
Colleen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2010, 05:30 PM

I had TVH Feb 2nd. And Im Not One To Sit Around And Do NOTHING, So This Recovery Has Been Hard For Me The 2nd Week I Was Back At Obgyn's Office Cause I Had Alot Of Pressure On My Bladder And It Constantly Burned When I Had To Pee ( Yes I Had Infection ) I Was Given Levaquin To Get Rid Of Incection And Pyradium To Stop Burning .... During This Time I Have To Wear A Poise Pad For Leakage
I Have Not Been Bleeding Heavily ( Just Spotting Every Now & Then ) I Did Too Much Too Soon And Had A Little Set Back.
Was Back Again Today For Four Wk Post-Op I Am Able To Drive, I Can Do Light Housework, And Was Told To Take Things Easy.. Gradually Get Back Into Things.. I Still Have Infection And Was Now Put On New Antibiotics To See If This Helps. I Am Taking Premarin As Well And Was Giving Something For Anxiety For At Times I Do Cry ! I Hope This Will Pass Soon ! So Listen To Your Body, And Try NOT To Overy Do It ! Hope All Goes Well For You
Unread 03-06-2010, 07:48 PM

Hi ladies,
Sorry for being MIA for a couple of days. Last time I wrote from the waiting room in my Dr. office. My appointment was disheartening and so I have been in hiding for a few days feeling sorry for myself and processing. Sometimes I find it hard to talk about things like this. I still haven't shared it all with my family and friends because I hate the thought of the pity that could follow. Sometimes I'd just rather stick my head in the sand.
It turns out that I still have some pretty severe swelling. But, on top of that, it turns out that most of my pain is being cause by inflamation in my pelvis which is causing basically my whole abdomen to spasm as well as the walls of my vagina. If I thought that vaginal exams hurt before......this one beat all!!! Apparently this happens to 20% of women who have this proceedure. He says that my recovery is going to be much slower than most and that it will likely take several more months. He gave me another perscription for pain meds. thank goodness. Walking has been such a huge problem because it increases the spasming. As does laughing, standing, sitting, breathing, living.......etc.
I go back to see him in 4 weeks. he says that if the swelling has gone down enough then I will be referred to a clinic in the city were they do rehibilitaion therapy for this kind of thing. He says that it's physiotherapy for the pelvis/vagina.

I have had to cathaterize myself 1 to 2 times a day since coming home from the hospital because my bladder will only empty half way and so was getting infected and causing serious pain. I'm going to have to continue doing that until the messurments go down to normal.

He says that I'm anemic but he worries about me taking iron because I'm having trouble with my bowels and that would make it worse.

My hemoglobin levels are still not great. I had severe internal bleeding the day after my surgery and had to have a transfussion. My blood count is better than it was but not great.

So basically I'm going to be in pain and slow for many more weeks. Yippy.

After seeing him I went to the front desk of the office to make a new appointment and burst into tears. The receptionist was really nice and handed me a box of tissues. I'm sure they get a lot of hormonal women in there. I then drove straight to my best girlfriends house and had a good cry....a very long good cry....and then she feed me chocolate....it helped...a bit.

So, I'm feeling a bit blue. I had hoped for more encouraging news. I want to feel better and start moving again. I am a martial artist. It has been very hard for me to remain stationary and now I know that it is going to be many more months until I can return to those activities. That may not seem like a big deal but it is how I always relieved the stress in my life. It has saved me on many occasions.

I am 32 years old and I have 3 children. I have a ten year old DD, an 8 year old DS and a 7 year old DD. They are sweet children. Unfortuantely all three have health issues that require a great deal of my attention. The greatest of which is my DS who was diagnosed with autism when he was 2 years old. I love my children very much and wouldn't trade them for any other children. But right now I'm finding it extra hard to cope with the stress of everything because I am unable to do the things that I previously did to maintain my sanity and help me forget about the troubles of life for a while.

I'm feeling down and disconnected from the world. I'm trying to keep my chin up. I'll do as much as I can. I just wish that life was a little easier sometimes. But....as always....I will carry on....

Meg

Oh....I have a new saying...instead of "lol", which of course means "laugh out loud" I have decided to use something else, seeing as laughing out loud REALLY hurts. So for the next while I have decided to use "limh" which means "laughing in my head"! I've already used it in some e-mails to my friends and they are all very confussed.....which is part of the fun!
Unread 03-06-2010, 08:08 PM

I feel soooo bad, with all that you are going through and wish that it would all be better for you.... Just try to take one day at a time and do the best that your able to handle.

If you need to talk/vent or whatever I Am Here To Listnen
Hang In There !

Vickie~
Unread 03-06-2010, 08:35 PM

EEM,
I am so sorry you are suffering so much from this surgery. I hope that you start to feel better every day and your next appointment goes better. Can someone help with the kids? You need to take care of yourself so you can be there for them when you are completely healed. HUGS!
Unread 03-07-2010, 10:36 AM

EEM,
I am so saddened to hear about your doctor visit. I was so hopeful for you. At least you have answers although not what you wanted to hear. I hope that you have some family or close friends that can help you with your recovery. It does sound so painful, I feel for you. I am here for you anytime you want to cry or vent, or scream although I am sure some of those things hurt. But you have a listening ear and although I don't have the exact same issues, I am still home recovering slowly and I can take time to talk!
Hugs,
Colleen
Unread 03-07-2010, 04:22 PM

I am so sorry to hear the bad news. I understand wanting to crawil in a hole or otherwise bury your head. You have a great deal on your plate as it is and to top it off you have all of these health issues. I guess just take it day by day. I could give you all of the cleche' pep talk words that everyone has for us, but they don't help at all. The only thing I can offer is "an ear" Feel free to vent and Know that I am here listening. Don't have very many good /happy words to say seeing as I am having my very own pitty party today and it has been topped off by the ever so kind words of criticizm from my ex husband. Hang in there, and have a smoothie on me!! (limh) did I get that right?
Unread 03-07-2010, 04:52 PM

Hello My Sisters!
Thank you for your kind words and support. You have no idea how much it means to me. It's interesting to talk to all of you. We all have a life time of different experiences. Different joys and pains. And different reasons that we were brought to the decision to have a hysterectomy. BUT we all have that one thing in common. We have all lost something that is a huge part of our lives. We have all experienced pain. We have all experiences frustration and we have all had to grieve over what once was and what might have been. This is our common bond and that is what makes us sisters. And I know that no matter what else is going on in my life I have all of you. Bless you! And even though you are struggling too, you take the time to lift me up, encourage me, and give me the strength to keep going. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Sprite97, I am glad that we can be a part of your pity party today. I support you in that! All of us deserve one now and then (or sometimes daily.......okay.....often daily.....limh!!!!).
I'm sorry that your ex is giving you a hard time. I have a few choice words in my head that I would say if I were there but I should probably keep them to myself. I'm protective of my sisters.
My DH is not being very emotionally supportive right now, to the point of being unsupportive. It's really hard. So I empathize.

I wish that we could all meet up for a smoothie!!!! Might be kind of expensive if we factor in the cost of airplane ride! I know that LVfrogs said that she lives in Florida and I live in Canada (envying LVfrogs because there are huge piles of snow outside my house right now and I would really enjoy some sunshine!) so that could cost a pretty penny.

Let me know how you're all doing. Keep me posted. Keep your chin up. I care.

Meg

P.S. And yes....It is "limh".....laughing in my head!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register