I'm 33 and scheduled for a total hyster | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm 33 and scheduled for a total hyster I'm 33 and scheduled for a total hyster

Unread 05-18-2003, 02:20 PM
I'm 33 and scheduled for a total hyster

Hi everyone,
I'm brand new to all of this and am very nervous. I had my tubes tied 4 years ago and have been experiencing symptoms ever since. Progressively getting worse as the years go on. After seeing 9 different doctors the latest one believes I have huge amounts of scar tissue from the tubal along with endometrieosis.
She has scheduled me for a hyster. sometime in June or July(waiting to see what surgery scheduling has). Until then she has given me the injection of Lupron Depot. Seems to have helped the palpitations but it has only been a few days. I was wondering if there is anyone else out there about the same age that has gone through this. Everyone keeps saying how young I am to be going through this. I have had 3 kids so that part of it is not getting to me. It's what is going to happen to my body afterwards. Physically, mentally, what will be different.
If anyone has any imput it would be greatly appreciated. I don't have much of a support system at home.
Thank you,
Kari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2003, 02:50 PM

Hi Kari, first let me give you a great big

I am 31 and diagnosed with adenomyosis and fibroids. I also have Endo trapped inside of my scar tissue of the c/section. I also had a tubal almost 4 yrs ago during a c section, and my symptoms have gotten increasingly worse since. I have 3 kids here at home ages 7, 6, and almost 4.

I wanted to let you know that I have found this site to be a great comfort and it has eased my mind in so many ways. It is absolutely full of valuable information. Feel free to ask any question you need to. I think I have seen a little of everything and we certainly arent shy! I hope you are able to get as much comfort from HS as I have. I cant answer your questions about how it will be after because Im not there yet

Everyone says the wait is the hardest part!

Take care and big s
Unread 05-18-2003, 03:02 PM

Hi KariV,
I had a total hyst last Oct. I have felt WONDERFUL ever since. I was scared about how I would feel mentally and physically afterwards as well. I was in the process of divorce and also had that stress on me. I have 2 children and didn't want anymore so that part didn't affect me. My concern was the sex and how I would feel and how my body would feel to someone else. I can tell you it has never been better! I would not undo anything that has happened to keep my uterus and cervix. It took a few months for all the feeling to completely come back, but everything is great. The pain and bleeding being gone is great. I don't have the "down" time of being tired and real cranky due to the amount of blood loss. I also have a little more money in my pocket since I don't have to buy the "necessary" items anymore.
Good luck with your hyst and keep posting when you have questions and problems or just praise for what you have gone through. This is a great site to help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2003, 06:12 PM
Another Young'un

HI Kari!
I am having alot of those od responses from people too as far as being young. I am only 24 and going to the castle on Tues (the 20th) I also have kids so again that is not really the issue. My doc. told me that after the surgery, since I am younger, my healing time would be a little quicker. I think that is a definate BONUS!
I think that based on what you have told us, this is a good option for you---just think NO MORE PERIODS!!!! Along with no more pain, worries....the list goes on. I sat down and wrote a list of pros and cons as far as the surgery went. That helped me make my final decision.
Wish you the absolute best.
Unread 05-18-2003, 06:36 PM
Surgery

Hi Kari,

I just had a TAH/BSO on 4/25 and I'm 34 (35 in July). My surgery went very well, as has my hormone replacement (estrogen alone). I had heard the same thing from many people, but as I had no choice, I chose to read as much as possible and be ready for whatever might come. So far everything's gone great.

The age is a factor for many I guess when they think of it in terms of children (but as you said you had 3 and are fine with that) and in terms of entering surgical menopause. I have no idea how long I will have to be on hormone replacement now, but as I wouldn't have entered natural menopause for many years, I'm guessing it will be a long time. I'm having 4-week post op appt on Friday and will be asking for this type of info then...if he can even give me an answer.

Anyhow, I hope everything goes fine and your recovery is speedy :-)
Unread 05-18-2003, 06:50 PM

I really don't know how to thank you all for your replies. I wish I would have found this site sooner. I have felt so alone for the past couple years dealing with all of this thats its really nice to read all of these and know I am not. I guess right now the worst part is waiting. They don't even have a date scheduled yet. All they tell me is June or July or if there is a cancellation maybe even May.
I can't thank you all enough and I will definetly be posting more.
Unread 05-18-2003, 06:58 PM
encouragement

Hey Kari,

Remember...we've all been there :-) Yes, the waiting can be the worst part and this forum is an excellent outlet (although I ordered the hyster sister book pre-op, I didn't come to the site until post-op - I missed out, so take advantage).

About the hyster sister book (see store), it's an excellent read on what's to come, what to prepare for and put a smile on my face many a time. I've also just recently ordered the journal that goes along with it...I ordered this post-op, but will keep track of my HRT, symptoms, doc questions etc. there. I did a lot of reading pre-op and it helped me feel prepared, plus the lists allowed me to be get ready for castle and for post-op after coming home. Just a thought, but I know they helped me :-)
Unread 05-18-2003, 08:50 PM
me too

I had my tubes tied about 4 years ago. Since then, I have been expierencing menapausal symptoms. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Disease. I have been in pain about 6 days a month, using narcotics to ease the pain. After the third Gyn, they've decided to do a hysterectomy. I am 29 years old and scared. I feel like I have no choise. I am a single parent of two kids, and being knocked out is no way to raise them. I keep wondering if the tubal had something to do with it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register