Cancer - Now going back in to take my ovaries…..UGH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cancer - Now going back in to take my ovaries…..UGH Cancer - Now going back in to take my ovaries…..UGH

Unread 02-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Cancer - Now going back in to take my ovaries…..UGH

My original date hysterectomy was January 17th, I am feeling great. They removed my uterus. However, when pathology came back they did find cancer. So today I met with my Oncologist, and he frankly put it….."Your ovaries are trying to kill, they need to go". I was and am still in shock. He took a look at my incisions from my hysterectomy, and said "Hey, I think I will use the same incisions".

Is it me, or does this all seem so unreal. Like a really bad dream. During the entire appointment, I felt like I was watching all this unfold and it was happening to someone else. Sitting in the waiting room looking at all these people fighting for their lives, some have hair, most didn't. They looked all so exhausted, and just so sad. I actually felt like they were looking at me like I didn't belong.

My "new" surgery date is scheduled for February 28th…..I feel sick to my stomach. Forgive but I am so angry I could scream. I can't show my weakness and fear because I have a 23 year old step daughter who needs to know and feel that I am strong enough to endure ANYTHING. I don't feel so strong today.

I feel like I am falling apart. I haven't even heard of this happening to anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2014, 12:07 AM
Re: Cancer - Now going back in to take my ovaries…..UGH

I had a total hysterectomy this morning. As I lay here in the hospital unable to sleep after a very long day of nausea I read your post. I'm praying for you and the best possible outcome. I know your world is upside down and will be for awhile but please consider being honest with your step daughter about your mental, physical and spirirual pain. You'll need the support and she needs your honesty. Wishing you all the best.
Unread 02-12-2014, 03:21 AM

Oh sweet sister. Many prayers. I can completely understand the anger and frustration. Just thinking about having to start healing again has me crying for you.

You are strong enough however. You know we are all here for you for support.

Many prayers and lots of love your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2014, 04:44 AM

Im praying for your speeding recovery. Your very strong even if you dont feel
as strong right now. God be with you.
Unread 02-12-2014, 05:28 AM

hey, easy there, sister!! "all THESE people"

i just happen to be one of those people. and the no hair thing ain't all that bad!

i just wanted to cheer you up a little, and yes, hopefully, you don't belong there and won't need any additional treatment other than the surgery. did your surgeon tell you where he found cancer?

wishing you luck!
Unread 02-12-2014, 07:47 AM

I'm sorry you got this unexpected news. A cancer diagnosis is never welcome and tends to be a shock to hear. I know it's hard to have a 2nd surgery as well, I did need a 2nd surgery myself. It was easier recovery than the hyst, but needing another surgery was stressful. My situation was different, but it is not unusual to require more surgery if cancer was not suspected, or surgery not done by a GYN oncologist. After they do pathology on the ovaries, you'll know if you need further treatment, many women do not. I know this is all hard to take in, but we are here for you to help you through this.
Unread 02-12-2014, 08:03 AM

Hi Sweetie,

I am sorry to hear you will need to undergo a second surgery and I know it is hard to hear one has the big "C." There are many on the Cancer Concerns forum who can relate so please also consider using this forum especially to address any cancer questions, concerns, etc. Pls keep us updated.

Unread 02-12-2014, 04:19 PM

Hi, sweet sister... I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I had a D&C at the end of December, and was diagnosed after that with endometrial cancer. Consequently, I had a total hysterectomy on January 21. Just found out this week that my cancer is Stage 1b, grade 2. My gyno oncologist has recommended radiation treatment. I know it's scary and unexpected to receive a cancer diagnosis, but you are stronger than you realize and you will get through this! I will be praying for you!
Unread 02-12-2014, 05:07 PM

I am so sorry to hear about this happening. Sometimes docs are very matter of fact about things not meaning to sound so sterile. Put your faith and God and He will sustain you.
Unread 02-12-2014, 05:48 PM

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I had a tah/bso in June of last year for endometrial cancer stage 1a grade 1. It sounds like that is what you have. Endometrial cancer is usually caused by your body producing too much estrogen that is why everything is usually removed including the ovaries. My question is did your docs even suspect you had this cancer before you had the first surgery and why weren't the ovaries removed then? I would also advise you to go to the cancer concerns forum on this site. There are wonderful women there who can advise you on how to get through this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register