new here and so confused | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new here and so confused new here and so confused

Unread 04-09-2001, 11:37 AM
new here and so confused

Hi all well i am new here but totally confused. I am 44 hae had bad periods all my life, pain, excessive bleeding staying home at least 2 days a month from school, work whatever.
I am married 24 years have two children and don't want anymore. hubby had a vas. years ago. I was diagnosed in june 2000 with a 8cm fibroid after years of saying check me do i have endometreosis or what but oh if your periods have always been bad then that is all that is wrong. that ws from various drs as we moved cos of the military for years.
now i have been told about the fibroid, was put on low dose BC pill but after 5 months off as they gave me terrible migraines.
everyone i talk to says that the hysterectomy was the best thing ever. My dr is open to what i say but i don't know...my main reason beside fear ( someone said they are terrified of the lab lady well me too big time ) and wondering if there will be a problem if i am able to have it cervically with sex after.
also thought after reading one post taht i too could see about the bladder sling as a friend is finding out about it too. i realize can't ahve it cervically then but the last time i was operated on didn't wake up good and then the incision split and they left it open to heal for months. so ... i am jsut scared.
the past two days i have been in really bad pain on my left side right where the fibroid is and it is only a week after my period so shouldn't be having pain. am going to call dr for another ultrasound.
after reading all the post op posts thought ok her i go going for it. then read the ones having problems ... well sorry to go on so long but this is the best site i have found yet. thanks so much in advance ffor any info and encouragment some days i think oh man no more pain.bleeding running to the store but then i thin oh man I DO NOT want HRT and don't want to mess with my hormones before time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2001, 12:08 PM
{{{Cindy}}}

We can wonder together then. I too am concerned about the HRT and as I think my hormones aren't normal to begin with what the HECK is gonna happen when we play trial and error with treatments.

Maybe we can get answers together, ???
Unread 04-09-2001, 12:43 PM
new here and so confused

well just got the nerve to call back to the obgyn and she said they aren't taking apt until june and then only maybe turns out he needs knee surgery. guess this gives me time to see if the diet really helps or not and as long as the pain stops time to get in shape in case we do do something!! did make apt with GP to get another ultrasound done though not until the 19th thats ok i guess will have to be!!LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2001, 02:16 PM
I hung on

Major surgery is a serious business and I put it off because I knew that my symptoms would get better after menopause, and they did. I don't regret my decision.

As luck would have it, I later developed lots of complex tumours on both ovaries and the chance of cancer was high enough that there was no question what to do about it. Whereas before I had considered surgery and waffled about it, when the right time came I had no question, no fear, and no regrets.

You'll find your own way, I'm sure.
Unread 04-12-2001, 05:31 PM
HANG IN THERE>>

Do a lot of research, and post all over the boards, especially in post-op forums.. You may find another sister, in the same situation, who can give you some answers.. Good Luck, Roz

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register