Scheduled TAH Surgery 3/14 and ready to go | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery 3/14 and ready to go Surgery 3/14 and ready to go

Unread 03-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Surgery 3/14 and ready to go

Got my 3 pre-op appts done so I'm ready to go. Also having a tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation done on the same day.

Have staged a bunch of stuff to pack to go to my mom's for 2 weeks. Just need to box it up and bring it over there. Will only be taking a tiny bag to the hospital. Decided to wear there what I will want to wear home so I don't have a lot of stuff to carry. Spending 2 nights there. I can take a shower after 48 hours but I think I will wait until I get to my mom's house to do that. She will be able to help me with my hair and such. I won't be able to lift my arms above my head so that's why she has to do my hair. And by do it I just mean comb out the tangles. Certainly not getting it dried or styled by any means!!

The only thing I am not ready for is the new bra size. No clue what I am going to be. Right now a 36/38B so I guess I should just go buy some cheap ones in a 36C & 36D. Who knows what style is going to look & feel best. I can't imagine having to head to Walmart post-op in my zip up housecoat/bathing suit cover-up thing with no bra and flip flops! Then again, guess I would fit right in. Don't get me wrong, I love Walmart and shop there often but I always wear a bra.

I've had all my annual maintenance appts taken care of and am squeezing in a dental cleaning next week, too. Got all my prescriptions filled. Friday is a hair cut and color followed by a pedicure. Next Sat & Sun I am going to clean house like crazy. Then voila, it will be Monday morning and I will have to be at the hospital at 5am. I'm the first case of the day and my surgery is going to take about 6-7 hours if all goes well. Pesky adhesions could slow us down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Re: Surgery 3/14 and ready to go

Sound like you're going to come out of there looking lime a whole new Princess. Good for you. If I could afford it, I'd be getting extras as well. Mine would be a reduction, 44H puts a bit of a strain in the back.

I hope everything goes well during your trip to the castle and it sounds like you have someone who will pamper you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register