Only 22 Hyst on 1/12/05 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Only 22 Hyst on 1/12/05 Only 22 Hyst on 1/12/05

Unread 01-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Only 22 Hyst on 1/12/05

Hello everyone,
I am new to this site and I was wondering if someone could give me some helpful hints on beating my blues right now-Noone (doctors included) can offer any help because of my age(22) they just keep saying I am in mourning-well that's great help me try and beat it I was wondering if anyone can help with some hints on getting threw the surgery after the surgery I can wait for but I can barely function anymore crying, mood swings, Please tell me how you made it threw. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Only 22 Hyst on 1/12/05

I hate to just send you a hug because I know it isn't much comfort. It's always so much better to talk with someone who's been down your road as noone can really "be" in your shoes...but the closer the better. It just seems like although I can't be in your shoes in age, I can relate as a woman and I hate to see anyone cry without arms around them.

I'm sure you've heard all the encouraging words, ways of looking at things in a positive way...etc...but it is an intense loss that I know is accompanied by grief and mourning no matter how "positive" you look at it.

Any of us that have dealt with a dying parent, know that even if you even do see the "positive" in something (their freedom from pain and suffering)....it still hurts like hell when they do finally go.

Tears are an important part of who we are...There are some things that you just go through in tears and pain never necessarily "seeing" the end...but one day it just hurts a tiny bit less.

I hope someone will answer who is 22 and dealing with a hyster like you are. My prayers are with you. It's a WAYYY tough thing to go through.

Peace and Hugs,
Nancy
Unread 01-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Only 22 Hyst on 1/12/05

I wish I had magic words which would comfort you, but I don't. All I can do is offer some to try and see you through.

Whenever I've gone through really tough times (and this definitely qualifies as a tough time for you) I have found the best thing to do with my feelings is to let myself feel them. If you want to cry -- cry. As hard as it seems, it's even worse if you try to put on a smile when you don't feel you can muster it.

You say in your post that you've talked to doctors, but is there a counselor of some sort they can recommend to try and help you deal with these issues? Sometimes it helps just to have a compassionate third party (meaning someone who isn't a best friend or relative) to help work through this stuff.

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this at such a young age. We are all here for you, and we accept you and love you just as you are.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Only 22 Hyst on 1/12/05

Hi I was 26 when I had mine done. Yeah it does suck. Specially when your friends are having babies... Right now you prolly want to cry scream and punch cause it isn't fair. been there done that... It's normal. Your young. These things shouldn't happen... But they do.. You grow stronger from them and trust me after 5 months of post op it was the best descion..... no more pads, no more blood, I can finally wear and keep the pretty undies! If you want to talk IM me!

Debbie
Unread 01-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Only 22 Hyst on 1/12/05

I agree with mjd - see if you can find a therapist to help you through this. Situational depression (depression caused by a specific incident) can be helped by talking with a professional. Plus they will be able to recognize if you are staying in this stage of grief for too long and might need some medication.

I'm so sorry you have to go though this at such a young age. Wish there were something I could say to help. Just know that we're here for you.

Please keep us informed on how you're doing, OK?

Sara
Unread 01-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Only 22 Hyst on 1/12/05

Hi Tabby. I sent you a message.

I tell you, though, there's one more thing. It is so nice to have a nice, clean, fresh um....nether area! I could wear my lovely stretch lace panties for two days, (if I was crazy enough) and they would still be nice and fresh, ha ha. Not before, though. It was panty liners (the biggest, and two at a time) and the biggest maxis, two at a time. That was awful, and those things are hot and not nice. I feel such freedom down there, ha.

If I wasn't so old, I'd try out a thong!
Girl, you will do so well, esp. cause you are young and because I said so!

Meanwhile, get all your things in order, such as making a nice place at home to recuperate, have the tv remote, phone and your computer nearby! Then, do the princess thing.
Unread 01-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Only 22 Hyst on 1/12/05

thanks you guys and I am seeing someone and I am on meds for it(the depression) everyone just keeps saying I am mourning and it is normal-Well here to tell ya been mourning for over 2 months now But thanks everyone I will keep you posted surgery is 11 days and counting well 10 1/2 really but whos counting

BTW I know it will be great to be pain free and not have my period for a month at a time stop and start a week later Just feels like I am loosing a piece of "ME" I know this doesn' t make me me but I can't explain it I also wanted another girl Isabella I was going to name her I think that makes it all the hardest. I know I am lucky I do have children but not easier

Thank you again
Unread 01-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Only 22 Hyst on 1/12/05

It's only natural, how you are feeling. No one knows til they've walked the same road, you know? And then, it's still your own unique experience.

I'm so happy to know that you do have a child. Everything happens for a good reason, and I'm not religious. I've just experienced that lots lately!

Save all the old maxis. They say they are great to wax the car.
Unread 01-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Only 22 Hyst on 1/12/05

Many s

You might want to post over in the Aching Hearts Forum as there are many women who know exactly what you're feeling right now.

All the very best.

Unread 01-02-2005, 02:22 AM
Only 22 Hyst on 1/12/05

I was the same way. I've been on anti-depressents for a couple of years and have been doing great. Then I found out I needed a hyst. I couldn't stop crying. My doctor increased my meds and I was able to function. I got through school and work.

It will take a lot of work getting through all the emotional stuff that a hysterectomy, but I found that due to this site, our sister's, meds, and letting myself mourn my loss I have gotten through it pretty well.

Hang in there sweety and know that you are not alone in this. You have your Hyster Sisters.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register