DH and I finally got to do IT - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DH and I finally got to do IT DH and I finally got to do IT

Unread 02-26-2005, 04:01 PM
DH and I finally got to do IT

I am now 9 weeks out and just got cleared. DH has been away, won't be back for one week. I just told him on the phone I am now cleared, he was very happy about that. I am still scared, but ready - yes, my libido went zoomin' through the sky within 3 weeks post -op, but we did not try anything, I was in too much pain, off and on, but it remains. . . My doc warned me NOT to try anything, I finally did a "solo" run last weekend, after posting about it in a thread, and hearing other's experiences.

It is sooo interesting to me just how many "fall in love" all over again, when we cannot have intercourse or other contact intimacies! My DH had a surgery end of October. . . by the time he healed, I was away one week, home 3 days (we were bunnies then, and he got very sore after his first few times), then I went in for my surgery - needless to say, it is almost March and we have had a 3 day bunny period since middle of October!

AHHHHH. I think his patience is astounding, and I told him how scared it am. . . .he will go slowly, but I do like the Hystersister virgin reference - I feel as afraid as I did the first time DH and I did it! And we knew what we were doing. . . .

But please note, my Doc told me I may bleed the first time, and that if it happens a second time - get in to see her! (She said many do, like a light period, but if it gets worse, as in bright red blood) Now, that is me, and I have had a very hard time with the vaginal cuff healing. . . and I bled into my belly, have a hemotoma (finally going down, thank heavans) but she was frank about it - so we are all different, with different physical needs from our surgery!

Doc also warned about cleaniness. . . of myself and of DH - and that any oral contact. . .for me, right now. . . not a good idea - and to otherwise use lots of lube.

Madelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2005, 04:04 PM

"oral contact" not a good idea because of "cleanliness" for the woman......

Excellent point! Thank you! I'll know all sorts of things when the time finally comes for the hubby and me... and I haven't even had the surgery yet!
Unread 03-08-2005, 06:34 AM

((((Ewok))) Way to go !! Sounds like everything is in working order, wink, wink. I'm soooo jelous, I have another 2 weeks and 1 day left before my 4 week check up and the okay from her...seems like forever!

Kelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2005, 12:30 PM

im also 4 weeks post op and i kinda cheated too.. i think the
big "O" was awsome.. i have had crevix and uterus removed.. i always thought you needed both in order to have the big "O". i guess i was wrong.
Unread 03-08-2005, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kellycp
((((Ewok))) Way to go !! Sounds like everything is in working order, wink, wink. I'm soooo jelous, I have another 2 weeks and 1 day left before my 4 week check up and the okay from her...seems like forever!

Kelly
I just got back from my post op appointment & was disappointed when my dr said no sex until 8 weeks! He said I am healing fine but he explained that there is internal healing that needs to take place & if you aren't healed, it could break things loose. He works in the ER (that's where I first saw him) and said that he has had women come in with their vaginas split open (internally) because they had intercourse too soon. Maybe he is over cautious, but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. He's fairly young, so it's not like he's some "old school" dr that has a certain mind set.
Unread 03-08-2005, 12:51 PM

I know I'm jealous I'm only 2 and a half weeks out and have a ways to go and I know we'll both be nervous but I can't wait to see how it all functuons. I was wondering about my drive, night 2 home from the hospital I had such a dream, woke up and if I didn't hurt and if it had been okay Dh would have been up that night wondering what the heck happened. So atleat I know the desire is still there.
Unread 03-08-2005, 01:31 PM

Ocfem,

I'm sorry sweetie I'm sure you were looking forward to it. But your DR is looking out for you and I agree....there's an awful lot going on in there that needs to heel.

How about the "outercourse" thing, did you ask about that? Maybe that could give you what you and DH are wanting... Wish I could make it better for you.

Kelly
Unread 03-08-2005, 01:35 PM

I read here some weeks ago that if you could have an orgasm before, you'll be able to have one after. I was released after four weeks and I'm happy to report that everything works as before for me. My DH was so worried that he'd hurt me but all was well. Yippie!!! Hang in there, sisters.
Jeanne
Unread 03-08-2005, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kellycp
Ocfem,

I'm sorry sweetie I'm sure you were looking forward to it. But your DR is looking out for you and I agree....there's an awful lot going on in there that needs to heel.

How about the "outercourse" thing, did you ask about that? Maybe that could give you what you and DH are wanting... Wish I could make it better for you. My Dr said maybe it would be a good way to celebrate Easter.

Kelly
Thanks Kelly, I agree & my hunny is pretty big, so I was a bit scared anyway. It makes me wonder about the drs that release patients at as early as 2 weeks! My incision feels pretty good, but it's still a bit tender, so I imagine my insides have to be in the same condition.

I didn't ask about "outercourse" cuz we have already done that & didn't want him to tell me to stop! I figure it can't hurt as long as we're careful & I needed to make sure everything was still working. Thank goodness it was... I had 2 "O"s the first time!
Unread 03-09-2005, 03:18 AM

Hi,

I tried to post a reply yesterday and don't think it went through.

Anyway, I was wondering what the average waiting time for intercourse is after a tvh-bso? I am scheduled for April 8th and am going to see my boyfriend in June (for the first time in over a year - I am overseas). I was cautiously optimistic in thinking that maybe I would be cleared by then.

I know it depends on the person and the recovery, but I just wondered what the typical waiting period is.

Thanks!

Layne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register