need some advice...Update! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need some advice...Update! need some advice...Update!

Unread 01-04-2007, 03:57 PM
need some advice...

I had a hysterectomy during a c section with my 2nd child. I heamorraged losing 16liters of blood. Ok 3 years later I have turned 30 and still have no interest in sex. My husband is starting to feel left out and that I don't fancy him anymore sexually. I still have my Overies and have both my tubes tied. Im always tired, My memory is sooo bad, skin's horrible, irritable, depressed (I suffered from depression a good year before) and generally run down. Not taking any kind of meds. I came off my antidepressants a good year ago. Dont know what to do? Any one out there relate? Please.
By the way - Happy new year!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2007, 04:46 PM
need some advice...Update!

It sounds like you are suffering from depression. See a therapist and talk about your feelings our just sit in the office and cry for an hour. They are a stranger and are paid to listen you went through alot. Even if you decide to go back on the antidepressions you still need to get some things off your chest and maybe deep down you blame you husband for some of the things you are going through. I know personally I blamed mine and did not realize it until I chased him away. You will be surprised what you can say to someone who can not tell you your feelings are wrong or repeat the conversation
Unread 01-05-2007, 02:30 AM

Ive been to see a councellor on and off over the past 4 years, even before the hysterectomy. My mum died 3 years ago, pnd with my first child and alot of family problems were happening in the home. I thought my feelings and the way I was sexually was all connected with the hysterectomy. It was DH that went on the net to find out if there was a connection as he says he wants to help me. I even told him last night that if he wasn't happy and that my drive would'nt come back he should find some one else. Im I loosing the plot?? Don't even care anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2007, 07:03 AM

Oh madmaz, I'm sorry you are having a hard time right now. No one should have to suffer through losing their mother at the same time your havin a child and dealing with losing your uterus.

While it may be hard, please try to turn to your husband and let him hold you. It sounds like he loves you very much and wants to be there with you.

Please, please call you primary doctor. Let him/her know about your feelings - especially about not caring about things. It could be hormones, or it may be that you need depression medication again.

You are a wonderful person! Hope the sun starts shining soon!
Unread 01-05-2007, 07:31 AM

Have you every had your hormone levels checked? If you are lacking some it can make you depressed and decrease your libido. It might be worth getting it checked because it would be a fairly easy fix. I hope you get better soon. You always have your sisters for support.
Unread 01-05-2007, 07:48 AM

madmaz Sweetie,
Try again. Don't even think about the D-word with your husband. It seems like he does want to help.
Take charge. Get yourself to another therapist/counselor, and not just "off and on". Stay with it until you are better. Make the phone call today.
Reread butterfly's words. It seems she paid a heavy price and didn't learn her own truth until after the fact. You don't have to do that. butterfly's warning is a gift to you, so don't waste it.
And your homework for this weekend is to hold your DH's hand. You don't have to fake sex or force a kiss. Just hold his hand. Even if you don't feel like it, just for a few minutes. You've got to start somewhere.
You are not alone. People want to help you. That's why this message board exists, right?
Now go get started!
Unread 01-05-2007, 12:57 PM

Thank you all. When I came out of hospital with my child the hospital saw me a couple of times but that was really to see if the stiches were ok or I had any other questions.
As for hormone checks, Ive had none and never been approached by my doctor that I needed too. Saying that this is a doctor, when I was being sick every morning 3 months after the op he asked if I was pregnant. Prat. (Turned out to be some bug). Made an appointment for tommorow morning. Wish me luck. Thank you soooooo much for your advice. My mum had a hysterectomy due to cancer - I was adopted so no scare for me but she was the only one who would of been there for me.
Unread 01-05-2007, 04:41 PM

Dearest Madmaz, please let us know how the appointment goes. We're proud of you for taking this next step!
Unread 01-05-2007, 04:47 PM

good luck tomorrow.
Unread 01-09-2007, 11:31 AM
need some advice...prt 2

Thank you again first for all your advice, I took your advice and went to see my doc this morning. After speaking honestly about my feelings and worries, She took some blood and told me to ring thursday for results. She feels that I am going through early menapause as my overies dont appear to be working how they should??....Early..Early Im 30. Whats the deal with HRT??
Im feeling more depressed now then before. None of my family understand why Im feeling so down. When I try to explain, I can't put it into words. Help!
Any one like me from rainy old London, England??? love to meet up??
M x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register