Scheduled TAH They re-schedualed me!!! Seriously | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

They re-schedualed me!!! Seriously They re-schedualed me!!! Seriously

Unread 03-31-2011, 04:37 PM
They re-schedualed me!!! Seriously

I really really freaked out today when i got the call "i am sorry to let you know but we have to reschedual you" i was supposed to be going to pre op tommorow and for surgery on the 8th had the kids situated n all that stuff now i have to wait till the 22nd deal with another period and the cramps n BS with it for another 22 days! Im fustrated n tired n just want to be done! Uggggggg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Re: They re-schedualed me!!! Seriously

Oh no!!Why did they have to reschedule?

dee
Unread 03-31-2011, 04:47 PM

I'm so sorry this happened! I would be curious as to why a hospital or doctor would reschedule as well.

I've already lined up back up at work, arranged for my mother-in-law to fly in from out of town to help with kids, my mother-in-law has arranged her time off work, my husband has arranged his time off. Rescheduling surgery at this point would be a major impact (and expensive if I had to change mom's flight).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2011, 04:53 PM

I totally agree with love2sk8--mine is over a month away, but have lined up help, dh has set time off work, etc. What a total pain! I would freak. Is there a chance an opening could come up and they could make it sooner?
Unread 03-31-2011, 06:36 PM

I asked if they could do it sooner but today was just one big mess after another! I just need it to end and sleep and keep on truckin i did have everything planed sitters in place i am just ready to be done w this!
Unread 03-31-2011, 09:01 PM

Oh my goodness... reading your post was as if I had written it myself.

I was scheduled for my hyst on 03/31 and I got the call on 03/23 telling me that my surgery was going to be postponed until 04/21 (the second delay). Needless to say after a major breakdown, I found another doctor (much more compassionate) and I'm scheduled for my surgery next Wednesday the 6th.

I totally understand your frustration... but keep your head up and remember it'll all be over SOON.
I'll keep you in my thought and prayers.
Unread 04-01-2011, 08:30 AM

I had this happen to me. It was supposta be April 26th and now its May 4th. It upset me cuz i just want it to hurry up and be done with. At least it wasn't closer to that time and then pull out the re-schedule thing on me. All i can say is that i understand.
Unread 04-01-2011, 08:38 AM

thats why i love comming on here i can vent about this and you all know what im feeling. My friends are awsome but dont get 100 % what im going through they just know that shes not feeling well again and my husband..hmmm he has been so good bless his heart!!<3 he has stood by me 100%!! But i think he is also looking foward to me being pain free, cause well to say the least sex just hurts!!!!! i cant wait for it not to.. Any who im feeling better today still fustrated about the change but thats gonna get me nowhere fast so ill deal with it !!<3 love & huggs to all of you
Unread 04-01-2011, 10:00 AM

I'm so sorry. I can't help feeling that I may have been responsible for someone else receiving the same news. I can't imagine what chaos this has caused your life and lives of your families and coworkers. But maybe it was to save someones life.

My surgery was scheduled for May. The dr gave me a depo pravera shot to stop the bleeding and help me build a blood supply for surgery. But my body had other plans and they had to bump it up after I hemmoraged in a Walmart. I lost so much blood that day, but the quickest they could do surgery was 5 days away and they had to bump someone. When they opened me up, they were shocked that my whole abdomen was filled with blood from retro grade bleeding. If they had waited even another week they think I would have bled out.

So I am sorry for the person I bumped. I'm sorry you got bumped. I can't imagine the chaos it caused you. But I am so thankful to be alive and on the road to recovery.

I hope your surgery doesn't get bumped again. Peace and hugs for a speedy recovery.
Unread 04-01-2011, 10:23 AM

Sarah-Anne, that sounds pretty horrible! I know that IF I were the one waiting, I wouldn't mind waiting for you to go ahead. When I had neck surgery, I got bumped from 10 AM - 4 PM due to an elderly lady who'd been in a car wreck. Sure, I was frustrated at the wait--but not because of the lady! It sounded pretty worrisome, and I wished her only well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register