Cancellation list for surgery date????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cancellation list for surgery date????? Cancellation list for surgery date?????

Unread 10-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Cancellation list for surgery date?????

I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience being added to a cancellation list for a surgery date? I am not sure this is actually an option but my original date was oct. 19 and was rescheduled for Nov. 9. I would like to get in ASAP due to taking time off work. It would be easier to do it before my new date. If anyone has any experience with this please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2007, 11:14 AM

i called the office about every 3 days to see if there were any open spots/canellations. i was moved up a week but thats all i could manage. i had a two month wait and was hoping i'd call on a fri and they'd tell me i could have it done on monday. just keep checking with the office...they'll move you up if they can.
Unread 10-22-2007, 04:25 PM

I'm on the cancellation list and got my pre-op h&p and pre-surg visit done early just in case. Bummer, I'm still waiting to go Thursday. Oyvey.

Hope you can get bumped up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2007, 04:42 PM

Hi ga928!

I was in quite a bit of pain in the weeks prior to my surgery, so, in hope of getting in sooner, I asked my gyn's office if I could be placed on a cancellation list. I was told they "didn't have one" because their cancellations typically were on such short notice that any "replacement patient" would not have enough time to undergo their required pre-op exam. In my case, the pre-op exam had to be within just a few days of the surgery.

I hope everything works out for the best for you.

Many s and Best Wishes,
Unread 10-24-2007, 10:51 PM

ga928,

I am in pretty constant pain, but my gyn is booked. I even asked for another gyn to do my surgery (someone who works with her on a pretty reg. basis). That was denied. It is based on my insurance carrier, and who accepts what insurance. And my insurance is not the best. So I have to live with what I have. For now, I am taking meds to combat the pain. I think I will be able to help the gyn in surgery. That is just how uncomfortable I am.

I am on the cancellation list, and I call every week. Nobody has cancelled yet. Crap. Her staff understands but is tired of my calls and emails checking. Too bad. That is all I can muster up about now.

I hope for your sake you can go in early. I wish you only the best.

Take care,
Roseptl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register