6 weeks post hysterectomy - heard pop and now pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post hysterectomy - heard pop and now pain 6 weeks post hysterectomy - heard pop and now pain

Unread 11-20-2014, 06:46 PM
6 weeks post hysterectomy - heard pop and now pain

I'm six weeks post op from a laparoscopic hysterectomy I was stretching my arms up and I heard a loud pop and a rush of pain minutes later just severe pressure. Did I break something no blood yet thank goodness but period like cramping and pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Re: 6 weeks postop heard pop and now pain

This kind of experience happened to my husband several weeks after he had a large abdominal surgery. It was painful in the moment but then the pain eased off completely within 20 minutes or so. His surgeon explained it as perhaps some scar tissue or adhesions that he 'broke'. My hub was doing the same thing.. reaching up. He had a rather large incision.. 30 staples.. but we laughed about it after we stopped being scared because he said in some way he felt a teensy better. Aren't our bodies just weird???
Unread 11-20-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADN View Post
This kind of experience happened to my husband several weeks after he had a large abdominal surgery. It was painful in the moment but then the pain eased off completely within 20 minutes or so. His surgeon explained it as perhaps some scar tissue or adhesions that he 'broke'. My hub was doing the same thing.. reaching up. He had a rather large incision.. 30 staples.. but we laughed about it after we stopped being scared because he said in some way he felt a teensy better. Aren't our bodies just weird???
I don't want it to be my cuff or internal stitches its beeb about half hour and so much pressure and feels like a period I don't wanna rush to the e.r or anything. But I would laugh after if its not serious cuz it was so loud you could hear it across the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilts View Post
I don't want it to be my cuff or internal stitches its beeb about half hour and so much pressure and feels like a period I don't wanna rush to the e.r or anything. But I would laugh after if its not serious cuz it was so loud you could hear it across the house.
Its the next morning still no blood but pain and a lot of pressure. Has anyone had this happen.
Unread 11-21-2014, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Its the next morning still no blood but pain and a lot of pressure. Has anyone had this happen.
I think you should call the doctor and see if they can see you today. Or at least get the doctor or nurse to give you a call.
Unread 11-21-2014, 08:31 AM
Re: 6 weeks post hysterectomy - heard pop and now pain

I think that you should give your doctor a call. Please keep us posted.

Unread 11-21-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I'm six weeks post op from a laparoscopic hysterectomy I was stretching my arms up and I heard a loud pop and a rush of pain minutes later just severe pressure. Did I break something no blood yet thank goodness but period like cramping and pressure
Did you talk to the doctor to find out what the pop was?
Unread 11-21-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jil View Post
Did you talk to the doctor to find out what the pop was?
They finally called back a half hour ago and said go to e.r so I'm waiting here now
Unread 11-21-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
They finally called back a half hour ago and said go to e.r so I'm waiting here now
My prayers are with you. Keep us informed
Unread 11-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Re: 6 weeks post hysterectomy - heard pop and now pain

You are in my prayers

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register