is it normal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:12 AM
is it normal

To have cramps like menstrual cramps (no blood just some thick clear discharge) 6 days post op when I had everything but my cervix removed? Other than the cramps I feel pretty darn good. Just nervous about the cramps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Re: is it normal

I had crampy sorts of feelings, too. I've heard other people say the same thing. After all, they just did major surgery down there, and you may also have some gas pains. But don't hesitate to call your doctor's office if you have questions!
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:20 AM

Its definitely not gas. It feels like a period is about to start. Feeling that crampy bloated gross feeling you get right before your cycle starts......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2012, 12:09 PM

I had crampy pains for a week or so and to start with I was less than convinced it was due to gas but after a few days I realised that it was. Walking around and peppermint are supposed to be good for this.
Unread 10-21-2012, 12:21 PM
is it normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriettacroft View Post
I had crampy pains for a week or so and to start with I was less than convinced it was due to gas but after a few days I realised that it was. Walking around and peppermint are supposed to be good for this.
Thank you for your advice. Ive been going for daily walks around my neighborhood, once in the morn then again in the early evening. I just got nervous about the cramping because for the most part my recovery has been smooth sailing and because it was located around the pubic bone and into the vagina the way it used to happen when I was getting my period.

As far as the peppermint, stupid question but do you mean like sucking candies? Lol
Unread 10-21-2012, 12:32 PM

My pain after surgery was like bad cramps. I'm almost 2 weeks post op and it's much better. Feel better!!!
Unread 10-21-2012, 01:01 PM

Thanks! I guess my concern stems from the fact that until this cramping I really didnt have much discomfort at all.
Unread 10-21-2012, 02:38 PM

Hi-no I was thinking of Peppermint herbal teas . I'm not sure if candies would have the same effect
Unread 10-21-2012, 02:54 PM

Hi Andrea,
I had everything taken out (including ovaries) 7 weeks ago tomorrow. I had period-like cramping on and off for the first 4 weeks often in the afternoon or at the end of a day. I took that as my body's way of reminding me that I'd had surgery and as an indication to have a lie down/rest.
Give your doctor a call if resting doesn't resolve it.
Unread 10-21-2012, 02:56 PM

Yep. I had cramping off and on for the first couple of weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register