Any fluffy sisters lost weight after TAH-BSO | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any fluffy sisters lost weight after TAH-BSO Any fluffy sisters lost weight after TAH-BSO

Unread 04-28-2005, 05:12 AM
Any fluffy sisters lost weight after TAH-BSO

Hi, I'm quite fluffy and will be having my surgery on Monday May 2, 2005 and I wanted to know if any of you lost any weight after the surgery. I thinking with no hormones maybe it will stop some craving or I'm I totally wrong.
This site is wonderfull because I was so afraid to talk to my Dr. about being fluffy and how that would affect my surgery.

Have a wonderfull day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2005, 06:32 AM

Hi, I wasn't fluffy at the time of my hyst but was in the past (I lost 75 lbs several years ago ). I did lose a few pounds after my surgery because of a lack of appetite and the fact that I couldn't eat much at a time too.

Please don't be afraid or embarrased to talk about this with your dr. I'm sure that he/she has heard it all before and might have some helpful advice or suggestions.

Best wishes.

s
Unread 04-28-2005, 06:49 AM

Hi, Jeanus thanks for the reply I would like to know how you lost that weight a while back. I find it very hard to loose weight I have no will power isn't that sad.
Anyway I hope you have a wonderfull day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2005, 07:10 AM

Please don't be afraid to talk with your doctor . . . he might have some advise that you wouldn't of thought of.

I also lost 40 pounds three years ago & have been a lifetime member of weight watchers since. I can't do diets that say you absolutely cannot eat something so ww worked for me because you just count points - I would have cup a soup for lunch so I could have a McDonald's cheeseburger for dinner

Best of luck with your surgery
Unread 04-28-2005, 07:34 AM

Hi,
The subject of weight gain or loss comes up frequently here at Hyster Sisters, so know you're not alone. The answer is - it varies. Some women lose weight, some stay the same and some gain weight. There are just so many variables, there is no correct answer.

You should probably expect to gain some weight immediately post-op, due to all the fluids. Many women experience a limited appetite the first week or two, but then seem to regain it after that.

You can do a search and find previous threads in both pre-op and post-op if you want to read other opinions.

Good luck to you as you prepare for your surgery.

Ashley
Unread 04-28-2005, 09:15 AM

I don't know how common this is, but I had my hyst in Nov 04 and have since lost 50 pounds! I was very overweight before, in large part (I think) due to the swelling and meds and sedentary lifestyle. Now that I'm healthy again, the weight came off, and pretty quickly! It was hard at first, because I had swelly belly for so long, but now I'm almost as thin as I was before I got sick (5 years ago). I hope this helps. Again, this may not be the standard result, but it happened to me!
Unread 04-28-2005, 09:27 AM

I am pre-op so I really can't answer your question on a personal basis. I can tell you about other that I know. My friend had a complete hysterectomy at age 29 and she lost so much weight and kept it off. My SIL is in her early 40's and she had her hyst. last year. She pretty much has maintained her weight as did my mother who is mid 50's. Oh my neighbor had her surgery last summer and has gained just a few pounds. She was very skinny before and I don't think she took the pain too well and wasn't quite as active as she used to be. I am sure that she will lose the few extra pounds this summer. So, I guess everyone is different.
I used to be so skinny but thyroid problems caused me to become fluffy. (BTW I love that word. I think that I will use it from now on!) I hope to lose weight after the surgery. My hormones are wacky and I hope that the change will help with weight loss.
Melissa

LAVH & RSO May 25, 2005
Adenomyosis, Chronic Pelvic Pain, Ovarian Cysts and more...
Unread 04-28-2005, 11:01 AM

You guys are so funny! I do like "fluffy" as I am a very "fluffy" person! Used to be so thin and now not so thin anymore! I am having mine at the end of May and I hope after all the recovery I can lose this weight! I am soooooooo tired of it! Talk about NO WILL POWER!!!! I do feel bad that I will be fluffy for the surgery! But I guess the dr.'s have seen every shape and size! I still feel like I have swelly belly from my tubial and ablastion last summer so I can't imagine what that will be like!!!!!
Unread 04-28-2005, 12:59 PM

Thanks for all the help. I love the word fluffy and will be using it from now on its such a nice way of putting it. Because I live in Bermuda there is no Weight Watcher, no Jenny Graig. But I have tried health clubs and I'm the fluffiest one there. Not good.
I would love to find out how Weight Watchers work. As I'm so bad at self control, I say to myself Maria you are not dumb how is it that you can't loose weight. So I was hoping that it might have something to do with hormones so no hormones and the weight might come off. Like they say there is always hope.
Thanks
Unread 04-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Big fluff

I am a big fluff. After surgery I actually gained weight about 10lbs which came off in 2 weeks. I have only lost 2 lbs so far at 3 weeks which for me is a big deal since the last 5 years have consisted of gaining weight no matter how much I tried. I am not worried right now with losing just healing and not being in pain so much--but I will tell you this: my cravings and ravenous appetite is gone! I've gone from a box of cookies to maybe 2 a day. I always had problems drinking water but now I crave it. Take care and I hope your surgery goes well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register