Incision issues... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incision issues... Incision issues...

Unread 03-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Incision issues...

I'm 4 weeks post-op tomorrow, and I'm having incision issues. I still keep gauze under my "roll" because it gets incredibly sweaty under there. I took the gauze out last night, and there were little bloody dots on it (from my staple spots). Shouldn't those spots be healed by now? (they were taken out 3 weeks ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Re: Incision issues...

Hi Missy,

At 3rd week, I had some bloody dots on my incision too. But, I was not stapled. I was glued. I understand it can get really sweaty and wet under the belly roll. But, if you keep the gauze on all the time, the area would not get dry...would it? My doctor advised me to lie down on the bed, lift up my belly roll, dap the area with clean dry towel (do not rub) to absorb excessive sweat / water from shower and let the wind blow dry it naturally from time to time until the incision is completely healed and closed up. Just a sharing...

If the bloody dots get worse, please see your doctor. It is important for us to avoid infection..

Take care.
Unread 03-03-2010, 11:09 AM

I still had dots at 4 weeks, as long as you ain't gushin, you're cool. No worries!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2010, 11:50 PM

I dont remember is I had any specs of blood but I do remember I bought some "prefolded" baby cloth diapers and used them in stead of the gauze on the Incision, it was soft and very absorbant!
Unread 03-04-2010, 12:24 AM

I was surprised to find dots on the cloth over my incision after 3 weeks. Everything seemed fine even a week after the staples were out. Now I have the rust/red dots and a thin rust/red line in the fold where my incision is.

I'm seeing the Doc tomorrow morning, so I will ask why it waited so long to bleed. I wondered if I was pulling the incision as I started moving around a bit more. Standing up straighter to walk, etc.
Unread 03-04-2010, 12:57 AM

It does seem odd after 3 weeks. But I am not that far along so I would have no idea. Hope you sort it out. And I agree unless its gushing out its should be fine.

God Bless

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register