Pain preop | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Pain preop

Hi, I am a first time poster. I have my surgery July 21. Orginally it was going to be with the Da Vinchi robot but now it is not. I am thinking because I have such a difficult case with endo and such...any thoughts?
I am having pain..I only have the right overy and uterus. The pain is on the right side and extends to my leg..anyone else had this pain...I am sure it is do to my endo and scarring...anyone else??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Re: Pain preop

lbullard and

Sorry I don't have the answers to your questions but I am sure someone will be along soon who has.

This is a great place to receive support and ask questions.

Good luck with your surgery.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Unread 07-06-2010, 10:07 PM

I had everything in tact but covered with endometriosis. My right side ached something awful and sometimes it did go into my leg. I actually went into surgery with an achy back and side. I don't know why, and the doc said he did not see anything odd when he did my surgery. But even a small amount of endo can cause a great deal of pain. As can scar tissue and adhesion s.

I had everything removed through an abdominal bikini incision. My doc did this because i had 3 c section scars and he wanted to be sure he could see everything clearly, and be able to easily deal with adhesion's and such.

I am 14 days post op and the only back ache i have had was right after surgery ( and some over the last 2 weeks) and we are sure it is simply from the position of my body during the procedure. I actually had moments in the hospital, just a couple days post op where my pain was less than one of my cycles.

I am recovering nicely with just a few little hiccups here and there. Taking my time to recover, resting a lot, puttering around the house a little, walking everyday, gentle walks, following my doctors orders and the recommendations here to a T.

Hope your procedure goes well and you recover nicely. A better life is one the other side! I can already see it from here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2010, 07:50 AM

Thanks Lovetheocean. 2 nights ago I had to take two pain meds and I have NEVER had to do that before.

I am using like a bengay for my leg to not to have to take motrin, sometimes that helps. There are days when there is no pain...so it just seems strange to me.

Did you have pain all the time...and now none??
Unread 07-07-2010, 09:14 AM

Mine got worse with each cycle.....the last 3 cycles were really bad, and by the time I got to my surgery my back hurt all the time, and I lived on my pain meds.....i am just now 14 days post op, and while I am still having some back aches, they are different than before, and I think they are just from the surgery and the laying around and of course the wonderful gas pains and bowels trying to get back to normal....
Unread 07-07-2010, 12:58 PM

Thanks that is kind of where I have been with my last cycle that was in May. I don't cycle but every 3 months and he is holding me off until after the surgery. 2 nights ago the pain was horrible, horrible. Today I can function, I just never know how the day will play out. I was actually usuing some Ben Gay and got relief if I put it over the overy area and leg.

I just wonder why this has gotton worse. I also had a diagnosis of IBS and if I don't use the restroom daily this I thnk also creates pain. Living with a heating pad all the time

Anything you can suggest to take or get ready for or any advice about the procedure PLEASE share. My surgery is 21 of July. I am wondering how much pain is due to scare, endo or just IBS,
Unread 07-07-2010, 01:05 PM

You can check out the post op boards for more ideas on the after part. and to see if anyone else had similar issues to yours.

Don't let them scare you though....some have very easy recovery, some not so much. But they are helpful in knowing what to expect. I think there are some other ares on this site about what to expect and how to plan etc.

I did not have the extensive leg pain that you are having, but it did creep down my leg sometimes...best wishes
Unread 07-07-2010, 01:08 PM

Are you doing HRT??? How soon should you start that and what are you hearing about it??

I am 40

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register