Scheduled TAH They should have started my valium drip on Monday. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

They should have started my valium drip on Monday. They should have started my valium drip on Monday.

Unread 09-27-2012, 09:09 PM
They should have started my valium drip on Monday.

I've been saying that all week. I have to get through tomorrow and the weekend and Monday morning I'm in.

I had a hard time at work Monday since I was filling out all my paperwork and had to fill out my living will. It really kind of hit me then that this was all going to happen.

I've been spending all week at work panicing and trying to get everything done, working 12 hour days in an attempt to get things zeroed out (and yet my boss, knowing for the past 6 weeks I'm going to be out for six weeks starting Monday, keeps giving me "special projects" ARRRGH).

And now I'm worried about the money, if I filled out disability forms right, what happens if they pay out late, what happens if they don't pay, OMG WE WILL BE OUT ON THE STREET. Oy.

I still have to clean the entire house from top to bottom this weekend, scrub the cat boxes with bleach (since I am the only person in this house with a sense of smell, obviously), help my husband take down another tree in the back yard (give a man a chainsaw, I swear), get the shopping done, pack my bag, pay the bills so everything gets sent out while I'm knocked out, and still be fit for public interaction.

So yeah, I'm feeling a little high strung and stressed out here. I sure hope I'm not the only one who gets a little 'freaked out' at this stage of the game...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Re: They should have started my valium drip on Monday.

Oh, yes. You are in the worst of it right now. Trust me, the boss can wait, the cats will be fine, the trees have been there for years and another few weeks won't make them fall. I shopped and cleaned to my heart's content and if it makes you feel better than, by all means, do that. In the end, your cats will still cuddle and you will start naming the dust bunnies (and wonder why your lovable cats don't kill them)! Its ok, you need to focus on healing once you are home. Have all your necessities within arm's reach and pamper away. Your family will survive and your checks will come in. If it helps, I was writing out bills 2 days after my surgery-though I can't be sure I didn't send the cable bill to the electric company, and so forth! You will do fine, I know it is hard to believe until you are there, but the other side is wonderful and I can't wait to see you there! Gos bless!
Unread 09-27-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevette View Post
I've been saying that all week. I have to get through tomorrow and the weekend and Monday morning I'm in.

I had a hard time at work Monday since I was filling out all my paperwork and had to fill out my living will. It really kind of hit me then that this was all going to happen.

I've been spending all week at work panicing and trying to get everything done, working 12 hour days in an attempt to get things zeroed out (and yet my boss, knowing for the past 6 weeks I'm going to be out for six weeks starting Monday, keeps giving me "special projects" ARRRGH).

And now I'm worried about the money, if I filled out disability forms right, what happens if they pay out late, what happens if they don't pay, OMG WE WILL BE OUT ON THE STREET. Oy.

I still have to clean the entire house from top to bottom this weekend, scrub the cat boxes with bleach (since I am the only person in this house with a sense of smell, obviously), help my husband take down another tree in the back yard (give a man a chainsaw, I swear), get the shopping done, pack my bag, pay the bills so everything gets sent out while I'm knocked out, and still be fit for public interaction.

So yeah, I'm feeling a little high strung and stressed out here. I sure hope I'm not the only one who gets a little 'freaked out' at this stage of the game...
:

Dear ,

It's normal to be so worried. I was the same way a week before my procedure. You worry about all of the other things in your home so you don't have to think about the procedure. Just know, everything won't get done. Focus on the important things. Like clean bed sheets and having comfortable clothes and p.j.'s after the procedure. Make your bedroom and one other area in the house your sanctuary. Have a bedside table with a couple of bottles of water, and your pain meds nearby. You won't want to get out of the bed. This is the time to have a talk with you husband. Be overly honest with him. Let him know you won't be able to do anything, and I mean anything, for six weeks (at minimum) following your surgery. Ask him to pitch in and start helping now. Buy paper plates and cups if your husband won't do dishes. Remember you are the . We are to pampered and cared for before, during and after this procedure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2012, 12:02 AM

We are on the same time table lol. Each day as it gets closer I am getting more and more nervous. Today Thursday wasn't so bad and neither will tomorrow be because the hubby is off. Saturday and Sunday though I will be alone with my thoughts while he works. I have arranged a lunch date with my sister to break up the day Saturday. And I still have to dust, clean the bathrooms and clean and change my bedding. My stomach is to that I'm so nervous I feel like I could be sick stage. Ill have a dozen more gray hairs by Monday.
Unread 09-28-2012, 02:40 AM

Best wishes for getting through the weekend with your sanity relatively intact. I'm cringing just knowing that I'm on holiday for 3 days prior to my surgery and I think I'll slowly go insane. I should have worked right up to the day. LOL
Unread 09-28-2012, 03:55 AM

My surgery is the same day! I have to clean my house from top to bottom too and go shopping for everything this weekend. Talk about ready to get this over with! lol. It will be fine girl. Take it easy.
Unread 09-28-2012, 04:35 AM

Just remember to breathe. I would like to say that I wouldn't be running around all crazy.......but I know better. I'm a little OCD and everything has to be perfect (or pretty **** close). I haven't scheduled my surgery yet (will be on Tues) and I already have a million and one things running through my mind. I'm not allowing myself to make any plans for the next two months until my date is set. I have a 4&6 year old, one of which stays home with me while the other is in school, on top of them both having birthdays in the next month and a half.

Is there anyone that you can enlist to help with cleaning the house, groceries, the little stuff to prepare? Tell your hubby to grab some friends to help with the tree. (you'll supply beer, lol). And tell work you'll put it on your to do list (AKA shove it).

Good Luck and Breathe.
Unread 09-28-2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Wolfie View Post
Best wishes for getting through the weekend with your sanity relatively intact. I'm cringing just knowing that I'm on holiday for 3 days prior to my surgery and I think I'll slowly go insane. I should have worked right up to the day. LOL
And I'm the opposite. I'm kicking myself for not taking off the day before mine. I had to move my surgery up 3 days when I switched des and my work is understaffed. I work at a day care so I don't get much time to think but I do stress. Either way we'll pass the time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register