Surgery tomorrow! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery tomorrow! Surgery tomorrow!

Unread 12-13-2004, 12:36 AM
Surgery tomorrow!

Well...tomorrow is the big day. I'm excited, yet nervous at the same time. I'll be glad to be rid of the pain, but I'm nervous due to the last times being the hospital were bad. I'm not expecting anything to happen, I'm just one of those that prepares for the worst and hopes for the best.

I still don't know if I'm going to lose one or both ovaries, but the Dr. backed out on me on the tummy tuck.....but he's going to fix my old scar that healed very wrong....of course, I think he's forgotten that it's so bad that it'll end up being a sort of tummy tuck to fix it!

I have a wonderful boyfriend now but his work schedule is such that I won't see him till Wed.... two days after my surgery...that *****!

Now of course, with my new boyfriend, I'm hoping/wondering(?) if my newly found sex drive is going to keep up with what I've gotten used to. Is it all in the mind (or perhaps who you're with?) or does the body have more to do with it? Will losing both my ovaries make me want sex less? I just got to where I actually want sex....now I have the possibility of losing that drive???!!!! Aaaahhhhh!

At this point, I won't be able to read any responses till I get home, but I'm interested to know what the common after effects are to the sex drive.

Till later when I've joined the ranks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2004, 05:09 AM
Surgery tomorrow!

Cerisse,
Just a note of encouragement -- I had A LAVH with BSO on 11/19/04 and I on Estrogen Replacement Therapy(ERT). I am feeling great and have an amazing libido. Of course my DH and I haven't had intercourse because it's too early, but we have experimented a little in other ways and my sensitivity level and orgasms are better than I have ever experienced in my life. My DH and I are just waiting for that six week mark so we may take it to a whole new level. I was so worried before surgery because I thought without my internal organs that my sex drive would be history -- I couldn't have been more wrong. I feel like I have a whole new life ahead for my DH and myself sexually. At last I am finally free!

My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery!
Unread 12-13-2004, 06:07 AM
Surgery tomorrow!

Good luck with surgery and many blessings to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Surgery tomorrow!

Ok wow first let me say I am going in tomorrow (Tuesday) and have the same exact concerns.

When I was married I had no sex drive at all. (doesn't suprise me the way I was treated) and now that I have a new boyfriend, after waiting 2 1/2 years after my divorce to date again, my sex drive is incredible and am experiencing all sorts of new and exciting feelings. I too am scared to lose any of that, but he assures me not to worry. He is so supportive and he was able to get someone to do his job for him so he could come down with me. A day loss of pay but he wants to be there for me which to me is amazing. Last time I had a cyst removed my ex just dropped me off and I was alone and scared. I'm sorry he couldn't get the day off, but I hope you have someone else going with you for support.

I too always prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I will be thinking of you and be sure to check in when you can and I will do the same.

Thanks sandradlpn for the encouraging news!!!! It's like you just get your sex drive back at age 36 and don't want to lose the wonderful feelings you are now experiencing with someone that actually loves you!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register