Wahhhhhh!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-23-2005, 06:54 AM
Wahhhhhh!!!

Dh went out of town for weekend and I'm feeling very blue. Feeling better in the last few days, but nervous about being "alone". Ihave help and my kids are off from school. I'm 4 weeks out and doing fairly well. I guess I'm just hormonal . Sorry for whining, but I know you ladies will all understand!!
Penny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Wahhhhhh!!!

Gotta love those wonderful hormones! My surgery was two days prior to yours so I completely understand how you feel. It's difficult when our DH's are away from us; mine goes away every other weekend to voulunteer in the Coast Guard. As time goes on things will get better! Keep busy with the kids and the time will fly by.

Take care,

Sally
Unread 06-23-2005, 08:25 AM
Wahhhhhh!!!

I must be different. I had my TVH on the 14th and dh went back to work today. I am so glad. He was beginning to drive me crazy. My two dd are here with me (7 and 5) and I am not worried at all.

He did finish the laundry last night and I have 2 baskets to fold but other than that we are taking it easy today. Going to the pool with them in about 3 hours. The only problem is that it will be in the 90's today and I will be really hot since I can not get in. I did sit by the side yesterday and put my legs in.

I am feeling really good though so I think that helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2005, 08:41 AM
Wahhhhhh!!!

Mine was the 15th and DH had all last week off and had to take off the Friday before because of my unusual behavior (due to meds, crying, etc), but had to go back to work on Monday and ended up with MANDATORY OT all this week PLUS Saturday ! He has FMLA and asked for Friday afternoon off this week to take me to Dr appt. Both boys are home this week to do everythign inside and out of the house, but I am lonely for DH. He calls from work and that helps. But we can't lie- there is no NEED for him to be home this week. His company (a car factory) is VERY good about everything and they pay all Ins and it's been very nice care all these years, but I cry that he is not here to hold my hand all day. WeepyWhineyWife. They have shutdown for two weeks as of Sunday. This was all planned- the one week off, then work one week then have two full weeks off. I thought it would work out FINE- I would just be laying down that whole week and he'd walk with me in the evenings. But I have been walking in the day, lay out, do a little of this or that, wait for him to get home and we all have supper. But the evening goes SO FAST that I feel like he hasn't been home at all ! I did my crying jag last night and he helps with "only THREE more days then we are OFF". I thought this week would be easy but it is not. And his family reunion is on Sat - 2 hours away. I am going with my boys in our big travel van but FIL is doing the driving and the rest of the family carpools too. But DH has to work that day and it is making me cry. I don't want to stay home and miss this but I don't want to go without him ! Lucky for me, if he gets off earlier than planned- he is only 45 mins away and will take clothes and drive down for the rest of the time it will be going on. So that soothes me a little. But to stay home and do nothing is not good. Going means I can watch them all play golf, read, walk the course A BIT, work on my laptop, and then get to the Reuion place with them and eat, talk, visit, and rest too. Being aroudn eveyone now would be a help more than sitting at home alone. But weepy me !
Unread 06-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Wahhhhhh!!!

Sorry you ladies are missing DH's. I've been with my husband now for almost 30 years. Much as I love him, I enjoy the hell out of being home alone! I'm ashamed to admit that when I hear his truck pull in I think - Darn - there goes my alone time! He'll wonder what we're having for dinner and turn the TV on, etc. He's the sweetest guy, but I do love my solitude now that I'm feeling better.

Shamefully,

Jean

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register