Tummy Pillow! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tummy Pillow! Tummy Pillow!

Unread 10-08-2001, 01:33 PM
Tummy Pillow!

Hi All,

Wanted to let the rest of the ladies in waiting know what I found this weekend that will work great as a tummy pillow. My 2 year old has a small pillow I bought her, this weekend I was having MAJOR cramping (and not due for my cycle until 10/24! Nice huh?) so, as I was sitting on the edge of the couch I reached for something to help the pain as I coughed and I got the pillow. It is made for little one's but worked SO great! it is about the size of the little pillows on airplanes. I believe you can get these in stores but am not sure where. I bought hers at a store in Mexico as we live very close to Mexico. I think this is going to work great and not bulky and I can re-use it again! It has a nice pillowcase on it (not "baby-ish") but I am thinking of covering it with an old blanket of hers for my stay in the castle!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2001, 03:47 PM
Tummy Pillow!

I was cleaning my linen closet the other day (mother in law is a clean freak,so "everything" has to be clean before trip to castle)and found my daughters baby pillow!And you are right they are perfect!
Unread 10-09-2001, 08:17 AM
Tummy Pillow!

I used the same thing when I had my TAH a year ago!

Going into a baby store to buy a baby pillow when I had no children, and now never will, wasn't terribly easy, but you're right - the pillow worked perfectly.

:usflag:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2001, 08:33 AM
Tummy Pillow!

chemyn:
I know that must have been hard to go get that pillow. I am glad it worked so good for you! People keep talking about tummy pillows and I don't want to spend a lot of money on things I may not use again. These can be used on trips also though! I have 2 girls, my youngest is 2 yrs. and I even have trouble now when I am buying her clothes and I see the diaper aisle. Makes me sad that I will not have more but, God has his hands in this, I am sure he will bless you in other ways.
Ladyaaccee: Gosh! I know what you mean, I started cleaning out closets also. Funny the things we find huh??
Unread 10-09-2001, 08:38 AM
pillow talk

I went to KMART and bought a 'travel pillow', which is just a little bit bigger than the ones you get on airplanes, but a little firmer also, which is good. They do make pillowcases for them (they might be hard to find so you can use a standard size pillowcase and fold it), and this worked great for me! Now I never go anywhere without it! (room to room, in the car, dinner table...)

to you and all

TAH/BSO Sept 24 - recovering - feeling better each day

:ribbon:
Unread 10-09-2001, 06:37 PM
Tummy Pillow!

Don't forget to check out the Tummy Pillow/Tote Bag in the Hyster Sisters store!! It's the perfect size, cute and cheery, AND turns into a handy dandy tote bag afterwards!!

That way you aren't spending money on something you may not use again...and you can order it right here at the Store. Check them out....VERY cool.

Karen
Unread 10-09-2001, 06:56 PM
HysterSisters Tummy Pillow

My Bad.

If I had been given time to prep for my surgery (I was given my date exactly one week before surgery), I definitely would have ordered the HysterSisters Tummy Pillow! One week was almost not enough time to prepare, but I guess it worked out well because I only had the one week to stress about it.
:time2:

So I actually had to SETTLE for the KMART travel pillow -- two days before entering the castle, but I wish I had had time enough to order ALL of the HysterSisters merchandise, because this site is the BEST!

Love, and

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register