Laparoscope failed...huge incision..need results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Laparoscope failed...huge incision..need results Laparoscope failed...huge incision..need results

Unread 08-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Laparoscope failed...huge incision..need results

Hey Girls,

I am very private when it comes to my career, however, I wasn't prepared to have an incision.. due to my huge uterus they had to cut my belly and to prevent any further complications they had no choice but to cut a horizontal incision. I am a exotic dancer and I am freaked out on how this is going to effect my work. If anyone has a herbal remedy or ANYTHING I would so appreciate this.

Please don't judge me...
If we were all the same this world would be a pretty boring place...so please ANYONE if you have had fabulous results please let me know...I could us some serious treatment options! I am even going to go see an herbalist so I will keep others posted for whom this might be just as important...after all we still want to remain sexy looking rather we take off our clothes for strangers or for our husbands...or for both!

Thanks for being open minded and this is a serious question so any helpful suggestions will be put to good use!

Blessings galore,
Roxy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2008, 06:07 PM

If the cut is along your bikini line, woudn't that camoflauge (sp) the incension? Once it heals, it would be barely visible.

Some people use Merderma, vitamin E to reduce apperance of the scar. There was a thread today on incision care to reduce scars. Maybe try reading there for other suggesstions.

Good luck!
Unread 08-03-2008, 06:20 PM

Agreed. If it's a bikini incision, you really should not be able to notice it. It may take a while to become "invisible", but I think it will be OK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2008, 08:53 AM

Hi Roxy,
Before you put anything on your scar, talk to your Dr. first. You just had your operation, so I'm not sure when it would be OK to put something on your skin. I know that I've used Vitamin E oil on other blemishes and scars in the past, and they helped. MaryAnn
Unread 08-05-2008, 04:49 PM

There are also silicone gel pads that are apparently very good at reducing the look of scars. I used them after a breast reduction about 17 years ago. Back then you needed a prescription, but now you can buy the stuff at any drug store. You definitely need to wait until you're more healed than you are right now. Like others have said, talk to your doctor.

I'm so sorry to hear that this might effect your livelihood! Perhaps there are specific costume designs that will hide the incision once you're ready to go back to dancing. Good luck!
Unread 08-05-2008, 06:29 PM

Hi Roxy,
Definitely don't put anything on your incision until your Doc says it's okay, because it could become infected. I have also heard that the Merderma is good. Don't worry about what people will think about your profession. It makes you money just like any other job. Hope you continue to heal well!
Cynthia=0)
Unread 08-05-2008, 08:50 PM

I have heard of things over the counter for scars. Lotions, creams etc.... I've also heard of the vitamin E thing. But i agree with everyone else about talking to your doctor first before putting anything on your incisions.

Please don't worry about what anyone else thinks about your job. That is not what we are here for. We are here to give and get support from each other. And you don't need the added stress of even thinking about it.

Good luck! I hope you find something that works and if you do, please let the rest of us know. I know i for one would be grateful for the info.
Unread 08-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Hi,

Wait it out. I had three incisions in the same spot and it took each of them a good year to fade away completely. Only put something on your incision after speaking to you Dr. I had to use a special cleanser for a bit. That kept any bacteria from forming which is why I think that it healed so well.

Keep positive! Bonnie
Unread 08-05-2008, 09:22 PM

Bonniebonds,
What kind of a cleanser did you use?
Unread 08-06-2008, 05:50 AM

My doctor told me it would take a year for my scars to fade. I had my appendix out laproscopically and that seems about right for a timeframe when I think about those scars.

I know there are lots of makeups that do a good job of covering scars. My sister uses Derma(something) for a scar on her chin - you can buy it in department stores, ,so that you can get a good color match. As others have said, I would check with your doctor before using it,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register