How do you know? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How do you know? How do you know?

Unread 09-01-2011, 10:37 AM
How do you know?

I have been really moody, tired, down and just generally not myself and unhappy with life.

Maybe this is just part of the process and it will get better with time, I just need to be patient and ride out the storm?

Maybe it is just my frustration of wanting to be recovered already. No I NEED to go on with my normal daily duties of being a SAHM of 6 and a husband. I try but every time I do I end up so wiped out and exhausted, plus a little resentful (If I am being honest).

Maybe this is hormonal and I need to have the estrogen adjusted? I am on the vivelle dot, .1. I have not had, nor ever had hot flashes or night sweats, how do you know if you are on the right hormones or not?

Maybe this is more than all that and it is some type of depression.

How do you make sense of what is the cause of what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Re: How do you know?

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. You are still fairly early in your recovery though, so I'm not surprised. I was moody, tired, and just plain blah for a couple of months.

You have just been through something very traumatic and it takes time for your body and mind to recover from it! Be patient with yourself and try to be patient with those around you...(I know, easier said than done).

I would say that if you are still feeling this way in a few weeks, or if it seems to get worse over time, you should definitely talk to your . Maybe your hormones do need adjusted.

I was originally put on Premarin only, but then at about 2 months post op, noticed that my moods weren't quite right...my doc added progestin(sp?) and that made me WORSE!! But I have since gone off of the prog. and started Wellbutrin and have been feeling fabulous every since!!

to you and I hope you are feeling more like yourself very soon!!!
Unread 09-02-2011, 07:07 AM

Thank you Traci for your encouragement. I really do appreciate it. I have an appointment a week from Tuesday and for sure will mention this to him then.

I feel like if I could just tell what was from what then I might have a shot at fixing the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2011, 11:08 AM

I get the frustration. I'm a SAHM to 5 males and they just don't have the same standards of nutrition, cleanliness etc that I have. It's making me crazy to sit on this couch & listen to the battle over who spilled the cheerios & how gross it is to wear the same dirty shorts to practice twice a day. Sorry to hear about your moodiness etc. Can't answer the hormone Q because I still have ovaries. Not sure they're turned on though. Just wanted you to know there's another frustrated crabby mom on the planet making mental notes of all the work that will greet me when I can get going again :-)
Unread 09-02-2011, 12:37 PM

Moody, tired, down, frustrated... Yep, I've been feeling all those things too. I think it's just part of the process.
Unread 09-02-2011, 12:57 PM

I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Trust me it will not last. You will wake up one day not even remembering you felt like that. Better days are coming. Remember to pamper the princess and let everything else work itself out. Don't be afraid to ask for help and let those around you pamper you as well. Hope this helps
Unread 09-02-2011, 01:04 PM

Hmmm, someone's been peeking in my windows!!! For real though, I have the same issue. Our bodies have just put through a very traumatic surgery & we've given it a rather big shock. I guess the ups & downs of our emotions, hormones & mood swings are it's way of getting back at us. Not that it makes it any easier, because it doesn't.

Since you have an appointment with your doctor already, make sure you mention this first off!! Don't get side tracked & forget it. I say that because that is exactly what I would do

For those of you ladies that kept your ovaries, my doctor told me yesterday it could take anywhere from 30 to 60 or longer for the hormones to straighten out. All I can say about that is...UGH!! And be praying my hubby & son don't dig me a hole before they level out!!!

Best of wishes to ya!!
Unread 09-02-2011, 04:32 PM

I too am at the mercy of the hubby and 2 sons. I know they're doing the best they can, but, my goodness, they don't see what's wrong with the kitchen counters or the floors no matter how bad they get. So, I have been wiping down the counters - my food's coming from the same kitchen, ya know? So, I do understand. The time will pass. My friends keep telling me I deserve a break and to enjoy it. I really need to listen, because the time will be over before long.
Unread 09-02-2011, 05:12 PM

i join all you ladies too! I am 3 weeks today from both 2 surgerie, 1 hysterectomy and other 2 days later due to internal bleeding. I can't sleep at night and so short especailly to my hubby. I started walking on Monday and i just am in tears the whole time, casue i really want to run, I am a runner. I heard this is normal, but tit is so wild!! My hubby goes back to work tues after him here for 3 weeks and so nervous since, i have 4 kids and can't pick up my 21 month old. My doc gave me a sleeping pill, but ddi not t ake it due to side effects. Tried mealotinmade me all sweaty and upset tummy at night. ?I am hoping this will pass in 3 weeks!1 I do not like feeling upset too!
Unread 09-03-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperipal View Post
i join all you ladies too! I am 3 weeks today from both 2 surgerie, 1 hysterectomy and other 2 days later due to internal bleeding. I can't sleep at night and so short especailly to my hubby. I started walking on Monday and i just am in tears the whole time, casue i really want to run, I am a runner. I heard this is normal, but tit is so wild!! My hubby goes back to work tues after him here for 3 weeks and so nervous since, i have 4 kids and can't pick up my 21 month old. My doc gave me a sleeping pill, but ddi not t ake it due to side effects. Tried mealotinmade me all sweaty and upset tummy at night. ?I am hoping this will pass in 3 weeks!1 I do not like feeling upset too!
Oh I'm sorry Emperipal. I know how that feels. I was just getting into running and loving it before surgery. Now I'm building up my walking slowly but surely....and I'm prepared for it to take a long while.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register