It feels like I gave birth | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It feels like I gave birth It feels like I gave birth

Unread 05-23-2007, 05:40 PM
It feels like I gave birth

I am two days out from being 6 weeks post op from a TVH and my crotch hurts like it did after I had a baby. It's worse when I have been on my feet. Not sure if this is normal for a VH or if it is because of the vein problem I have from Pelvic Congestion Syndrome, or if it is a combination of both. I go in for my 6 week check on Friday and will ask the doc then. Anyone else feel the same way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2007, 06:42 PM

Well I am 5 wks 2 days post op and I am having the same problem it hurts to walk and to sit I really hope it is nothing, let me know how your check up goes I have mine next Thursday and now I am worried about it because of this pain. Good luck to you.
Unread 05-23-2007, 07:02 PM

Hi Christine,

I am 6 weeks out and if I sit for long, my crotch hurts like I pushed something large out of there. It has been many, many years so I don't remember if it hurt like that back then, or for how long. Guess I was buried in diapers, 2 am feedings and other kiddos as well. It isn't so bad that aspirin won't fix it. I had pelvic congestion often just before my periods, and used to take midol or it hurt to walk. With my last pregnancy I delveloped some really gross varicose veins all through that area. I'm thinking that it just might be that.

Blessings,

Maureen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2007, 08:41 PM

Hi Christine
I had this too and my dr told me it was swelling from being on my feet too long. Sitting was also difficult for me. The pressure on those tissues causes the discomfort. If you ever see pictures of a vaginal hysterectomy you'll understand easily why you might be uncomfortable. It just takes time for your body to completely heal.

I think this is a common problem as women begin to feel better and try to do more. I found that if I would pay close attention to when I began to feel tired and hurt and would stop then and not push myself I could rest and not get to where I hurt so bad. It's a matter of pacing yourself and continuing to take it easy when you need to. Each week you should be able to do more without discomfort.

's, Rita
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:25 PM

Rita,
Thank you! That is some great info and good to know others feel it too. Does this mean that women who have had an AH don't feel that vaginal pain? I am actually interested in seeing pictures of a VH if you know where I can find them. Maybe I should check on a search engine?
Unread 05-24-2007, 03:58 AM

Christine -- check out this link for LAVH:

http://www.gynlaparoscopy.com/films.htm

My vag. hurts, but I'm only on Day 6. It's worse after I poop especially. I'm sitting on a heating pad so I don't have to keep taking meds.
Unread 05-24-2007, 04:42 AM

Ladies:

I started to have that "feeling" also, almost like all the tissues and nerve endings in my vagina woke up week 4. A slight burning, throbbing type discomfort. Yes, the more I do the more it aches and feels somewhat heavy. The vaginal cuff area is making itself known with little twinges that I was told to expect. Have others felt this way?
I actually used an abdominal support band for the first time yesterday at work, and it helped me go longer without the discomfort.
Unread 05-25-2007, 03:23 PM

Dear who am I,

I just wanted to let you know I went in for my 6 week post op check today and the doctor said I wasn't healed yet, that I still had sutures that hadn't dissolved and that this would explain why I was still having the discomfort. He said that I looked 4 weeks post op and not 6. He also said that there are a few women that are "slow healers". I am relieved to know there is a reason for the discomfort and that in a couple of weeks I'll probably be feeling much better "down there". Good luck to you at your appt. next week!!
Unread 05-25-2007, 08:04 PM

Dear Cnoela
Do you feel that pain all the time or just if you over do it? I am worried about this but we will see what happens I wish you the best of luck and hopefully this won't be to long for either of us or anyone else going through this....Thank God it wasn't nothing else huh! Thanks for letting me know how it went...
Unread 05-25-2007, 09:33 PM

I feel it most of the time when I am standing, walking, etc. If I rest (sit or lay down) I recover in about 20-30 min. Sound similar? Maybe you are a "slow healer" too! We might have to start a "slow healer" club. ) Let me know how your appt. goes. -Christine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register