Is this something I should mention? (kind of embarrassing, sorry) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is this something I should mention? (kind of embarrassing, sorry) Is this something I should mention? (kind of embarrassing, sorry)

Unread 10-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Is this something I should mention? (kind of embarrassing, sorry)

I'm seeing my GP tomorrow (finally) and hopefully she'll support me in trying to get a hysterectomy. I'm going to tell her about all the nonsense that's been going on with me, including my trip to the ER and all that.
However there's something else and I'm not sure I should mention it. I have bad cramps right after I orgasm. Like bad enough that I avoid having orgasms for the most part. I'm not sure if I should bring that up. My one friend I asked said I should, but I dunno. Talking about cramps/bleeding and that is easy, it's all medical really. This other bit though is like embarrassing and personal, I can say it online where I'm just typing, but I don't know about IRL. Especially since I'm not sure it's even medically relevant, maybe it happens to lots of people or something.
I'm also kind of scared that the doctor who will hopefully do the surgery will think I'm crazy if I mention it.
Anyways, is that something I should be bringing up when I'm talking to a doctor about the issues I'm having? Or should I just leave it alone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Re: Is this something I should mention? (kind of embarrassing, sorry)

Yes, do mention the cramps. Trust me, there is very little your doctor has not heard! And if it helps, I have read other posts my women who had issues with cramps following an orgasm.

It is possible the cramps are related to all of your other issues or may indicate there is a separate issue that needs addressed.

Before consenting to a hysterectomy, you want to mention anything and everything you can think of! For one, you want as much taken care of as possible! For another, you don't want to fail to mention something and later end up with that particular issue worsen from the effects of the hysterectomy!

Unread 10-24-2009, 10:10 AM

I used to have that when I was pregnant, only when I was pregnant. As luck would have it, my sex drive was sky high during pregnancy....and I was so scared that the cramps would precipitate labor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2009, 10:28 AM

Yes, you need to mention it. It could give the doctor the clue to what is going on. Best wishes to you!
Unread 10-24-2009, 10:35 AM

Well, telling her didn't help one way or another. I still don't know what's wrong. She thinks I have a cyst so I'm going for another ultrasound. If it wasn't there last time, I don't see how it would be there now, but whatever. If we rule out ovarian cysts (again?) she might be able to help me find someone to do a hysterectomy.
Unread 10-24-2009, 10:42 AM

Maybe ask her to be reffered to a good gyn in your area to discuss this issue with. I love my gp great woman but when it came to issues with the waist down there is no one i trust more than my gyn. You may find that your gyn has different approches or views on things or different ideas of what things could be in general
Unread 10-26-2009, 03:42 PM

Have you had a diagnostic laproscopy or esearched having one? I had severe cramps and heavy bleedings for years, my paps would come back normal and m family doc couldn't figure out what was wrong and would often tell me the pain was normal before I finally had a doctor talk to me about having this procedure done and that is when she discovered what has been wrong with me all this time...adenemyosis.
Unread 10-26-2009, 04:49 PM

I would get a referral to a gyno. I went to my gp when I first began having symptoms. He did a pelvic and told me my ovaries felt fine and if the pain was still continuing in 2 weeks to come back. The next day the pain got worse and was now on both the right and left ovaries. He sent me for an US which showed that I did have a 6cm cyst on my right ovary. A few days later I was referred to a Gyn dr who also did a pelvic and he determined that there was also something wrong with my left ovary as well. It turned out it was folding in half and attaching to my abdominal wall with adhesions. While I trust my gp to diagnose strep, ear infections, etc. I will never return to him for problems below the waist.
Unread 10-26-2009, 05:17 PM

I had the same symptoms, nothing ever showed on any imaging, which is normal with endo and adeno. It took 6 months and a new doctor to diagnose adeno and set up a TAH. One doctor suggested the heavier bleeding was just because I was getting older. Another suggested the pain was from a pulled muscle.....guess they were wrong....
Unread 10-26-2009, 11:38 PM

I am sorry to hear about your experiences so far. I know exactly how you feel! When you have an orgasm the uterus contracts along with the rest of the reproductive parts. If you have a cyst, scar tissue, or are carrying anything, it pulls it tighter making it more painful. It's like a throbbing sharp pain. I was told that during every cycle you are supposed to have a normal cyst that goes away every month. I went into the doctor for the pain and they misdignosed me, sent me home and a week later I was in the ER. I Ended up with a whole bunch of fluid in my belly from a ruptured cyst the size of a softball. Now 7 years later here I am with horrible pain in the right ovary and getting ready for a hysterectomy. They see a cyst in every one of my ultra-sounds but tell me it's normal. I'm just as confused. ( I think some people think we are supposed to be use to this kind of thing because we have ovaries:~) The orgasm thing IS scary...and it's hard to explain, but it plays a big roll in our woman-hood. There shouldn't be pain in that... Hope this helps!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register