I dont know if I can make it until surgery (too much heavy bleeding)! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I dont know if I can make it until surgery (too much heavy bleeding)! I dont know if I can make it until surgery (too much heavy bleeding)!

Unread 12-11-2013, 07:05 AM
I dont know if I can make it until surgery (too much heavy bleeding)!

Hello,

I am supposed to have surgery hopefully end of January or beginning of February.I have been bleeding since october so I am severly anemic, My dr said she wants me to do a couple of weeks of iron supplements because it would be risky to perfom surgery with my iron levels so low. My dr put me on a very high dose of provera to take daily and it calmed the bleeding down at first but now the medicine has stopped working, it is heavier than ever now !!! i called my dr and I am scheduled to see my gyn next week, I dont know what else to do. Ive tried BCP's all types of hormone therapy and nothing is workng. Im so so tired of bleeding and I dont know how much more I can take. I was trying to be optimistic and look on the bright side that soon I will have the surgery and never have this problem again, but im tired of the heavy bleeding, i cant walk long distances or stand because of the heavy bleeding, Im tired and dont know if I can take it too much longer. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on medications that may help me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Re: I dont know if I can make it until surgery (too much heavy bleeding)!

Hi Faithandhope1 -

I am sorry you are having such bleeding issues . I am glad you are seeing your doctor again.

We have lots of women on this site with similar issues. Hopefully one of them will see this post and respond.

Unread 12-14-2013, 08:06 AM

I had the same problem in June. Went into my doctors office and they did an ultrasound and the lining of my uterus was thickened. They prescribed depo provera in addition to the birth control pills I was taking. Had the shot the same day and the bleeding stopped within hours., However long term the depo has not worked in my favor, I am scheduled for a hysterectomy on January 10th, just finished bleeding after 56 days! I recently had a cat scan that showed cysts on my left ovary and will go for another ultrasound on Monday. I also have fibroids and polyps in my uterus and my last pap showed endometrial cells. I had a D and C a year and a half ago to remove the polyps and thin the lining but it only lasted a month or two. I am 51 years old and pre menopausal, thinking I should be over all of this by now, but not that fortunate. Will decide at my next appointment what we are removing, so fortunate to totally trust my doctor. He has been so conservative trying to get me through this but it's time........

I was also anemic and my doctor wanted my count to be at 11 or 12 to do the surgery, it was at 6. I have been doing to iron supplements and just found out its at 11 so I am good to go for my surgery day.

Hang in there and you'll get there. I have had heavy periods all my life and the last few years have been unbearable at times but I see a light at the end of the tunnel and you will too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2014, 03:17 PM

They could always do an ablation to temporarily stop your bleeding and give your body a chance to build your iron level back up. I don't know what your blood count is, but mine dropped to 5.2 and they sent me to the ER for a blood transfusion to get the count back up. I'm sure your doctor has told you what symptoms to look for before your appointment next week that would require you to go to the ER if your count gets too low. If you get really worried, maybe you could visit an urgent care center to check your blood count. That's what I did, but then I had to pay the urgent care copay and the ER copay, lol, but I didn't want to just go to the ER for nothing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register