Scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-06-2002, 07:38 AM
Scared

Hi all,

I am new here. My name is Vicky and I am scheduled for LAHV on 8/6/02. I am 32 yrs old and have endometriosis. I have 1 child he is 13. And have had multiple miscarriages and a tubal pregnancy. So needless to say I have been around the bend with this. I have had the Luprin therapy and have basically been told that there is nothing else that can be done. Anyway, sorry to ramble. But I am in waiting limbo and it *****. Half the time I think that I am making the right decision, and the other half of the time....I am like am I just giving up? Just wondering if anyone else felt that way?

Thanks again for listening to me ramble.

Vicky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2002, 07:48 AM
You are NOT giving up!!!

Hi Vicky

'S!!!!

First off, let me welcome you to an absolutley wonderful place to get support and assurances that what you are doing will be good, provided that you are truly at peace with this decision!!! I'm 33, and I had my hyst almost four weeks ago for adenomyosis, a for of endometriosis that affects just the uterus. I fought my surgery for 5 years before I decided that I was tired of the constant pain! I too have children, but mine are much younger. I had one miscarriage as well.

Don't think of it as giving up, thinking of it as getting yourlife back!!!! No more pain, no more bleeding, no more worries about what may or may not happen!!!! This is not an easy decision to make, and hopefully you have suport from the people that love you!!! I know I did, and it made a tremendous difference!!!

As I mentioned in the first paragraph, this is not something to enter into litely!! You should be totally at peace, and ready for this life altering decision!! Understand that you will feel some depression, anger, and frustration...these are all normal!!!

Come join us in Chat!! We can answer any concerns that you may have in real time, and the ladies there, not just the chat teamers, but the other Hyster Sisters are absolutely wonerful and supportive and will help you with anything you may be feeling or concerned about!!!

Sorry this is so long!! Just wanted to reassure you that what you are feeling is normal!!!! I felt it to as have many other ladies here on this website!!!

'S!!!! Hang in there...it will get better!!!!

Cat
Unread 07-06-2002, 08:42 AM
Scared

Cat God Bless you!

Thanks for the reassurance. My family is wonderful....but none of them have had to have an hysterctomy. thank god!
My mother is making jokes about me going through menapause before she has. They are trying to help and I love them all but they really don't understand how i feel. Is there a chat schedule?

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you again for your response.

Vicky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2002, 08:53 AM
Hi Vicky,

I just wanted to welcome you to Hystersisters too. This is an awesome place for information and support.

I had a TAH May 23, and for the two months I had to wait for my surgery date, I must have changed my mind a hundred times (at least three times a day.) The only thing that convinced me that I was doing the right thing was the pain I started having two weeks before surgery. I couldn't live with that pain. As it turns out, one of my multiple fibroids became infarcted and twisted off. My doctor said if they had not found it when they did, it could have caused a massive infection.

Now I feel better than I have in months. No more pain, no more excessive bleeding to the point of being anemic, no more mess! This surgery was well worth the small amount of pain and time I had to spend recupperating.

Read all that you can and learn all that you can. The more you know, the better prepared you will be.

Best wishes and lots of s,

Lisa
Unread 07-06-2002, 09:08 AM
Welcome

Welcome Vicky!
I too found this sight just days before my surgery. I am 32 and a mother of one son also. I can relate to your feelings very well. I had LAVH on 3-12-2002 and I had been putting it off for 6 years hoping that one day we would decide to try and have another child. But for the 6 years that followed I was on Lupron and had 2 other surgeries and finally decided enough was enough.

I felt much like you, was I doing the right thing or just giving up, but the constant bleeding and pain just got to be too much. Not to mention my moodiness was effecting the family I already had.

Now almost 4 months post-op I haven't felt this good in a long time. I didn't realize how bad I felt until I felt better. The ladies here are a tremendous source of strength and support. I don't know what I would have done without them. We are so glad that you are here.

Sinc erely,
Moe
Unread 07-06-2002, 09:35 AM
Scared

Hi vicky,
I feel as I wrote your Post! I am 31, and have been going through my problems since I was 14! I too, feel as though I am giving up......But, there comes a time when we must say"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!". I do not have a surgery date as of yet, I will find out next Wednesday. I am so scared myself, not of the surgery...of the emotional state after! I also posted a SCARED letter, and have been receiving many replies. I am always online, feel free to send me an Email or messgae......would love to actually talk to someone who has the same feelings as I do!
Take care & keep your chin up!
Carol
Unread 07-06-2002, 11:01 AM
more than scared

hello -- I discovered this site only a few days ago after being scheduled for a TVH on 7/30 for numerous fibroids, and in those few days I have gone from guilty and scared to relieved to happy and up and down and sideways so many times, and I am just so glad this site is here, an anchor of sorts while I'm bopping around in an emotional whirlwind. In some ways I feel this is just a continuation of the roller coaster I have been on for years in regards to my uterus, and this is the final twisty-turn before I am finally allowed to get off. You said you felt like you were giving up, and I wonder on what? On having more children? Or on avoiding surgery? (I myself do not want more children, I am 38 and have three kids ages 5, 12, and 16, and even without that concern it is still an emotional ride. I cannot imagine how much more difficult it would be without that consideration also. I was lucky enough to get my last "miracle" baby after a number of miscarriages, and if you've heard enough stories like that, that can keep you going for years, I know.)
But since that is not a concern for me, it makes my decision somehow feel more selfish. I am doing this just for me, because I want to be spared a monthly nightmare that I was willing to endure for years. When finally given the option, I didn't even think about it for two minutes. I said yes, do it. I had no idea what would be involved, and at that moment didn't care. Only afterward when I started looking into what I'll actually have to go through, along with my family, have I been questioning myself, feeling doubts and fear, and going from feeling firmly, absolutely right in my decision to feeling firmly and absolutely wrong five minutes later. And as if that weren't difficult enough, I have to justify it to husband, family, supervisor, coworkers, friends, etc. But one thing remains constant for me -- as hard as it is to sit on this rollercoaster, I know I will be getting off of it on 7/30. Of course, I might be tossed onto another one because of possible complications and hormone swings. But I think there's a good chance that for the first time in many years, I will feel at peace with my body. Here's hoping your outcome is the same! Good luck!
Teena
Unread 07-07-2002, 01:44 PM
Chat Schedule

Vicky,

The chat room is always "open"...but it has chat team member there on Mon - Fri 10a.m. to 12a.m. Central Time. Sun - Sat 8p.m. to 10 p.m. Central Time.

Hope you will come join us!! All the ladies, chat teamers or just other hyster sisters, are all absolutely wonderful!!!!

Come visit with us!!!

HUGS,
Cat

aka cathurd1 or HSChatTeamTrinky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register