Scheduled TVH Upcoming hysterectomy 12/13: Pre-Op Visit - My Uterus SHRUNK | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 12/13: Pre-Op Visit - My Uterus SHRUNK Upcoming hysterectomy 12/13: Pre-Op Visit - My Uterus SHRUNK

Unread 12-01-2016, 06:02 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 12/13: Pre-Op Visit - My Uterus SHRUNK

I had my Pre-Op on Monday. I went in expecting to hear lots about the TAH.

Quick background - I was originally scheduled to have surgery in May but I was blessed with a wonderful new job...out of state. I have a gazillion fibroids (started in 2002) which caused a ridiculous amount of bleeding. I previously had a hysteroscopy, myomectomy, tried BCPs, tried the mirena, tried the DepoProvera shot...NOTHING WORKED!! I moved in late May and began the process of finding a new doctor, going through the battery of tests, questions, etc. I'm 37, married with a 13-year old son. Read my symptoms above and treatments I tried, I'm over it all. The worst part is because I started a new job, I needed to delay my surgery until I could build up some sick and vacation time.

After finding my doctor (75 minutes away), and reviewing my medical history, We tried the 3-month Lupron Depot (first shot in June) and the second one in early October. They verified insurance first because the LD is $4,000 a pop. The LD was supposed to help shrink my uterus, keep the fibroids from growing, and buy me some time. The shot makes the symptoms worse before it gets better and for two weeks, I regretted getting the shot. It really does get better though. My worse symptoms now are hot flashes and some discharge. I also began eating more on the vegan side...not totally but a great deal.

Fast forward to Monday, and my OB/GYN said my uterus shrunk SIGNIFICANTLY. She even called in another doctor to verify her thoughts and she said the same thing. So now my originally scheduled TAH has been reduced to a TVH with a possible laparoscopic assist to remove the Fallopian tubes. I'm keeping my ovaries.

To say I'm happy is an understatement.
Procedure is scheduled for December 13th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2016, 08:57 AM
Re: Pre-Op Visit - My Uterus SHRUNK

That's great news and I hope for a successful outcome on Dec. 13!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register