When will I be able to sit at computer? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When will I be able to sit at computer? When will I be able to sit at computer?

Unread 04-04-2006, 10:38 PM
When will I be able to sit at computer?

A couple of months ago I started an ebay store and this has been very successful, with sales beyond what I expected or hoped for. This has taken a lot of work. I need to be able to keep running my ebay sales from home whilst I am recovering, as I don't want the sales that I worked so hard for to dry up.
Now I know everyone has a different rate of recovery but I just wondered when it would be ok to be able to sit and work at my computer after the operation?
I can't hand this job over to my husband as he is busy running our other business. He is prepared to handle the first week but could I be able to take over in the second week after the op????

Opinions would be appreciated as to how quickly you could manage to sit and for what period of time without pain or fatigue.
I just need some type of a guideline.

Thanks Gillian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2006, 11:01 PM

I was able to sit at a computer after 4 days. Just long enough to check e-mails. Go by how you feel. Just keep in mind to not sit for long periods of time. I found that if i sat for more than 15 mintues in one position I had difficulty getting up and walking upright.
Unread 04-04-2006, 11:15 PM

Sitting at the computer depends much on your surgery, your recovery and you. Sitting at the computer, does not actually have to be sitting at the computer. Many have laptops or cordless keyboards that can be used from whereever is comfortable for you. Hey here's an idea. Why don't you look for one on Ebay? (sorry - it's late and I am feeling silly). But the cordless idea may help your situation, although this may require your computer to be moved from whereever you have it to another location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2006, 11:24 PM

I have got a lap top so I can probably use that. It is just that I will need to be able to print invoices and send emails etc.
Unread 04-04-2006, 11:33 PM

Are you connected to the internet via wireless with your laptop?? If so, you can make it so your lap top prints using the same printer that your desk top uses. I can't remember right off hand how to do it, but we have it hooked up on our lap top, so it is able to be done.
Unread 04-04-2006, 11:38 PM

Thanks for that DancnDrgn, I have 4 weeks to get this sorted out so my business will continue to run smoothly. My husband had mentioned something about getting wireless broadband for me but as usual I wasn't listening properly........too busy for details Now I know that the 4 weeks will fly and I had better have it all set to go, so I'm not stressing more. Not what I need right now.
Unread 04-04-2006, 11:40 PM

See if you can find a table mate. I got one when my back was in spasm so I could sit on the couch reclined and have my laptop in front of me. The legs slide under the front of the couch. Also upstairs I have a laptop cart that has a bottom that slides under the bed so my laptop can be in reach while I rest. Thanks to my back I'm prepared...lol
Unread 04-04-2006, 11:46 PM

We were even thinking of hiring one of those hospital tables, so I can stay in bed and when I feel like it log on and do some work..........so much for thinking I would have a 6 week break.

Gillian
Unread 04-05-2006, 02:37 AM

I'm an Ebay seller, I did some listing week 2, not much though, I got really tired and very sore after about 1/2 hour, not to mention, trying to take pictures without beding etc. I realized very quickly it would have to wait!. I'm at week 5 and listed about 11 items this week, am able to sit fine now, and bend very slowly and gently to take pictures, but I must say I am feeling some discomfort in the areas of my incisions from that. Don't push it, your recovery is far more important than anything.
Unread 04-05-2006, 03:54 AM

Hi Katkins, thanks for the insight. I have most of my listings in our ebay store which are good until cleared, so I have boosted the quantities so they wont clear in 30 days and need relisting (we custom make window furnishing's so I can list whatever quantity I like) however it is my 10 day listings in the auction site that I am worried about. I also post fabric samples to clients and need to answer all of those questions, book freight etc. I ship thoughout Australia and will need to pass on all the orders to my factory etc. It will be a busy time and I just hope that I am up to it. I think my husband thinks that I will still be able to manage it if I can do it in bed but I am trying to get some idea's from others who "have been there done that". I am sure that the fatigue is what will slow me down. Am I right???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register