Going to Dr 2morrow...questions, tips? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going to Dr 2morrow...questions, tips? Going to Dr 2morrow...questions, tips?

Unread 05-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Going to Dr 2morrow...questions, tips?

OK. Tomorrow morning I am seeing the surgeon for the first time. I got in the door because I have a polyp holding my cervix open and a fibroid. Supposedly, she is a GREAT surgeon, I have heard from many. I was referred to her by my new gyno. So, I am planning on going in tomorrow with this long list of why I need a hyster. I didn't bombard my new gyno with all of this stuff, because I feel like such a whiney baby when I go into all this with a dr. and I have been shut off by two past gyno's, so I have chosen to keep my mouth shut and bear with it. However, I, my family, my good girlfriends all have decided with all I have been going thru for the last 28 years, IT IS TIME to end this misery for good. So, I have this two page list and 3 years worth of calendar/journals that I have kept daily track of vaginal happenings with. Do you think that this is a good time to bring this up? I am really a wuss when it comes to sharing my feelings and I lose my nerve with a doc. in front of me. I really have to do this 2morrow. I am so afraid that she will say no. I am so afraid of having to continue my life this way. I don't have a good documented medical history, as I have moved and switched drs a lot, but I have my notes that go back 3 years and I have my recounts of past surgeries, procedures, etc. (I have a pretty good list) Do you think she will think I am a nut? Can you just ask for a hyster? Maybe I am worrying unneccesarily. Maybe she will say that with a fibroid and my wierd bladder thing going on, that it would be a good idea. I know I am babbling, but I am so anxious about 2morrow. Any answers, thougts, etc. would be so fabulous and sooo appreciated.
Thanks to all you wonderful ladies!
P.S. If you think I shouldn't present this to the dr. 2 morrow, don't tell me, it will cause me to doubt myself and suck back into that witholding information gal.
What do I have to lose? So she might think I am a nut, big deal right? It's not like I have to see her again if she denies me, right?
XO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2006, 09:57 PM

Hi LakRoy!

Bless your heart. No doctor worth their weight will think you're being a wuss for sharing your feelings on this subject. By all means, discuss everything that is bothering you. There is nothing wrong with asking the doctor for a hysterectomy. The answer they give you will no doubt depend on your age and the condition of your reproductive organs. Don't give up! It's your health. I'll say prayers that all goes well tomorrow. Keep in touch with this site because if you do get scheduled for a hysterectomy it is great in keeping you informed on all your options and what to expect and how you will feel afterward, etc. It's been a God send for me. So many caring women who are here to help! Best of luck!! Diana
Unread 05-12-2006, 07:57 AM

Hi, Diana! Thank you so much for responding!!! I am so glad I found this site, because it has been an inspiration for me and it has helped me to realize that all this trouble I have been dealing with on account of my lower half is really unneccessary. There should be some solutions AND as a doctor told me 10.5 years ago, I am not in need of Mental Health help. (Well, maybe for other things :-}, but not these things) Well, I will be back on this afternoon when I return. I am nervous. But I have received all kinds of kind words and support, most of which says-They will definately do a hyster with all I have dealt with. Fingers crossed, lucky rabbits foot in my pocket, four leaf clover in my wallet and most importantly praying and praying to this kind and loving God. OH, and a boost of confidence from your kind words.
Thank you, again!
Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2006, 09:45 AM

Good Luck tomorrow and don't ever doubt the need to get help when in pain. You are paying your doctors well to take care of you and they also have a desire to help or wouldn't be dr. Have faith and confidence. I bet as great of a communicator as you are the dr. will be able to help you quickly and precisely. Hugs and prayer.
Unread 05-12-2006, 03:39 PM

Hi there,

This can be a very scary time for women.

I know I may be getting this to you too late for your appointment, but it's good information to have anyway. Perhaps there are additional questions on here, that you may not have thought of with your visit today to your dr.

Click this link to Pre-Op Questons. When you get to that page, you will need to scroll down a bit, but it has a good selection of questions you may want to ask your doctor.

Best wishes with your appointment.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register