Pre-op appointment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op appointment Pre-op appointment

Unread 02-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Pre-op appointment

Hi all and thanks once again for all the comments, support and the sharing of your personal stories. I went to my pre op appt with my Dr this AM and we have decided to also take the ovaries. He had told me last week that, if I were a family member, he would highly recommend removing them as well. I was holding out b/c I felt like if there's nothing wrong with them, leave them alone...at least I can keep some of my own equipment as long as its working. But I guess what he said made since. That I am 56 and even if they are still working now, things more than likely will start slowing down here soon and then they will stop when I finally hit menopause. The possiblity of problems later sort of scared me, so my husband (who was there with me) and I agreed to "let them go, too" !! Not crazy about the sudden symptoms of menopause while trying to recover from the surgery as well, but he assured me that it should not be an issue. So we have a date on Monday morning at 11:30!
But I have talked to several ladies recently ( at the hospital and Drs office, as well as acquaintenances who have had the same surgery. They all have told me that it was the best thing they have ever done. They just feel SOOO much better, and I am ready to feel better too.
So, Sigevent, I'll go first on Monday, then you go on Wednesday, the 25th, and lets get this behind us!! We'll meet back here in a week or so on the Post op boards!! All my best to you and I wish you and all my new Hyster Sisters well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Pre-op appointment

I am so glad to hear from you and glad that you have decided to go through with this. I really believe you will be glad when it is all over with and you get back to normal.
You will be surprised how much better you feel just a few days after you go home. I had very little pain and hope the same for you. The soreness stayed around for a while but that was to be expected. I am 57 and I think I have done real good. This is my 5 week post op and I can tell a big difference in my energy and strength.
I will be remembering you Monday in my Prayers and hope it isn't long before we hear from you.
God Bless you
Vickie
Unread 02-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Pre-op appointment

You sound so much more positive and sure of your self now which is great news.

I firmly believe that accepting what you are having done prior to surgery helps you to recover easier afterwards.

We will all be thinking of you on Monday and will be eagerly awaiting you in post op to hear how you are doing.

Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Pre-op appointment

I have a post it's titled BLEEDING BLEEDING BLEEDING :-)
Thanks for the encouraging words and I will be going through with it.
not with bells and smiles but with great faith that the angles will hold my hand.
Thanks, and you hang in there Wendy

"yes we can"
Debi
Unread 02-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Pre-op appointment

Thanks, Vickie and Katy! I really appreciate it. And I hope I can be one of those with good and positive stories to tell in a week or 2! At least I have a much better attitude than I did last week this time! I'll make sure that you guys are in my thoughts as they wheel me into the OR - If they can do it, I can do it!!
Unread 02-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Pre-op appointment

Yes, your attitude has changed and I am sure you will be posting to us very soon!
When I went in the OR I told my family that God was going with me so it was in his hands. I truely had peace goin in the op. room.
You will probably be surprised how well you do after surgery. I was !!!!
Remember we will be thinking and praying for you
God Bless You,
Vickie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register