3 Weeks to Castle date & starting to PANIC! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Weeks to Castle date & starting to PANIC! 3 Weeks to Castle date & starting to PANIC!

Unread 05-08-2003, 12:52 PM
3 Weeks to Castle date & starting to PANIC!

Well-

It’s 3 weeks until the castle date (5/29) & my life is a mess-Can you spell STRESS?

It is the week for the blessed Aunt Flo…Several kids after school activities, DH decided to have the house refinanced @ a lower interest rate (appraiser coming on Monday), Mom & Sister/family are coming for Mother’s Day dinner, DH works in AG & this time of year is never home to help out…Shall I go on?
I know you all have been thru this, but how do you stay calm & focused & get the house clean & prepare yourself & family for surgery.

Which, by the way---DH is taking very lightly & thinks it’s No Big Deal? I am dealing with a lot & need some emotional support! Besides, friend/husband are having a Baby-due anytime. I’m 36, would love to have more kids-not possible due to GYN problems…

Thanks for listening! Sarah
TAH/BSO Appy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2003, 01:07 PM

Hello Sarah,

Don't panic just yet You have a lot of support here at hystersisters. It sounds like you have a lot (maybe a little too much) on your platter right now.

Just some ideas: Do you have to go to ALL the kids after school activities? Any friends to help out?

Are you trying to clean your house for the appraiser? Another thing you could ask some friends/family to help. As for the Mother's Day Dinner - Please ask everyone to bring something to add to the meal - that way you don't have to do all the cooking. Have the kids help with setting the table and any decorating you may be doing!

I know this advice well because I had to listen to someone tell me something quite similiar I ended up so panicky that my doc had to put me on Xanax to calm me down.

I'm always near the computer if you would llike to contact me. Check my profile for my email and AIM addresses.

Big You will make it through it all!!!!!!!!!

Patty
Unread 05-08-2003, 02:50 PM

I felt the same way as you did. I used this board and just tried to stay focused on the light at the end of the tunnel. My eye on the prize so to speak. I tried to keep thinking of ways my life was going to be better.

I am now 5 weeks post and life just gets better and better every day!!!!!

So hang in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2003, 03:16 PM

Thanks for all the support!
I admit that I am a perfectionist and want things done right, right now!
Like last night...I was cleaning my 6 yr old dd's bedroom (since appraiser is coming) and instead of just doing a quick clean up---I ended up cleaning out dresser drawers & closet to rid of clothes too small. What should have taken 15 minutes ended up to be a 2 hr job...but it sure does look better!
I guess I'm trying to get everything done NOW & be able to relax for 6 weeks-yeah-right!!
Did I mention that I work 40 hours a week + being a full time mommy & wife & taxi driver for ds & dd?
Thanks! Sarah
Unread 05-08-2003, 05:01 PM

I wouldn't want to be cleaning just yet. It'll get dirty and you'll be cleaning it again in two weeks. Hence, even more stress. I got ready in 6 days. So relax for awhile and enjoy those afterschool things with the kids while you can. Enjoy mom on Sunday. Do the refinance thing on Monday. Take a deep breath. 3 weeks is a long time to be stressing. Everything will get done. It always does. I saved grocery shopping for the day before my castle visit. I cleaned my house 3 or 4 days before so it would stay clean longer. It wan't the first time my house had to go 6 weeks before a cleaning and it won't be the last either. I refuse to stress about an immaculant house anymore. It's not worth it. I have a family of 5 and my house looks lived in. If know one appreciates that, it's just too bad! Take care. Enjoy your vacation relaxing and taking care of no one but yourself. I read books, watched movies, went through paper clutter. It was the best 2 weeks a busy mom could ask for.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register