Not so straightforward - my case... help :0) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not so straightforward - my case... help :0) Not so straightforward - my case... help :0)

Unread 10-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Not so straightforward - my case... help :0)

Hi folks,

Bonnie Scotland here - and I have only now joined this hugely informative site (been reviewing articles over the past few months).

Was hoping you ladies can help put my mind at rest. I, unfortunately, had a pretty rough time of it - as my small bowel was punctured during the hysterectomy, I lost 5 litres of blood, died on the table during the emergency 2nd op and am now sliced n diced twice along the lower pelvic scarring and also have a large vertical incision from diaphragm to groin. Took me 5 months to recover and have been back at work for 4 weeks and the swelling, which had really started going down - is back with a vengeance - and it's so uncomfortable/unbearable. I'm not taking any drugs with exception of paracetamol, which doesn't really help - I'm just so frustrated at the pain and the swelling having returned. It's really odd though as I've been running (I'm very keen!) and started back horse-riding around the 5 months mark and I'm not swollen after all of that effort on my core, which is odd - BUT am seriously swollen and sore after work and can only put this down to (good) stress (I love my job but it does entail around 50-60hr weeks). It's pretty sedentary but as I say fairly stressful/brain-taxing. Why oh why do you think the stress is now telling more on my scarring? Just because stress goes to our weakest area?

Would love to take things easier at work to see if it makes a difference and I suppose ONLY I can control that.

ANy thoughts would be SO greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Annette from Edinburgh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Re: Not so straightforward - my case... help :0)

Wow, I can't even imagine how difficult things have been for you. I don't have any ideas to set your mind at ease at this point, but you will definitely be in my prayers for answers and healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register