4 days post hysterectomy: Sore throat | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days post hysterectomy: Sore throat 4 days post hysterectomy: Sore throat

Unread 07-21-2014, 02:26 PM
4 days post hysterectomy: Sore throat

I had tvh on July 17 and when I woke I could barely talk and had a sore throat the whole time I was in the hospital. I am home now and noticed there are white marks on the roof of my mouth, my tongue and the back of my throat. I have heard many people who have this and it's because of the breathing tube used during surgery. Has any one else experienced this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Re: Sore throat post Hysterectomy

My symptoms weren't that bad, but I've had a mild sore throat since (16th).
Unread 07-21-2014, 05:13 PM

I read many sisters had sore throat post surgery, due mainly to tubes in your throat.
Whole preparing for my hister, in the top section, I read to even bring throat lozenges to the hospital, didn't have to use them though...
Hope it gets better soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2014, 05:27 PM

I had my TVH on 16 july and still have a sore throat but not as bad as day 1. Drinking lots of water and warm tea has helped me.
Unread 07-21-2014, 06:56 PM

My surgery was on July 14th. The 15th I had horrible throat pain. The nurse even looked using the light on her cell phone. Said I had a big scratch on my right side. Also had a big white sore on the inside of my lip (right side) almost like I bit through it. That took a few days to heal. I have had that type of pain from the intubation before but never had the white sore inside my lip or top of my mouth.That was a new one for me. And it wasn't a cold sore-never had one of those. I did read somewhere that it was a reaction to the tube they used. Seems odd to me but it went away fast so I'm happy about that.
Unread 07-21-2014, 09:21 PM

Just came from urgent care. It seems my mild sore throat is thrush from the antibiotics. Keep an eye on your tongue. Mine was white .
Unread 07-22-2014, 06:19 AM

Oh good I'm not alone! My throat is feeling a little better! However, my tongue is starting to look like I have thrush. Ugh can't win! Will be keeping an eye on it. Thank you for the support sister!
Unread 07-23-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki213 View Post
I had tvh on July 17 and when I woke I could barely talk and had a sore throat the whole time I was in the hospital. I am home now and noticed there are white marks on the roof of my mouth, my tongue and the back of my throat. I have heard many people who have this and it's because of the breathing tube used during surgery. Has any one else experienced this?
So as an update: I went to urgent care yesterday due to my pcp being an idiot, long story, and I do have thrush. So I'm on two different meds and today am starting to finally feel better! I'm feeling very stir crazy and will be leaving this house today healing thoughts for all of my sisters!
Unread 07-23-2014, 09:34 AM
Re: 4 days post hysterectomy: Sore throat

I just had my surgery yesterday and I had the DaVinci. My throat hurts really bad from the tube. I feel like i can't clear it. The side of my tongue is very sore as well. I have been drinking water, sucking on candy, and anything else I can use to try to clear it. I talk on my phone like a man right now..lol. I hope this helps out.
Unread 07-23-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babz4life View Post
I just had my surgery yesterday and I had the DaVinci. My throat hurts really bad from the tube. I feel like i can't clear it. The side of my tongue is very sore as well. I have been drinking water, sucking on candy, and anything else I can use to try to clear it. I talk on my phone like a man right now..lol. I hope this helps out.
Hope it feels better quickly! Just keep an eye on it. If you see anything white in your mouth be weary! Sending positive thoughts

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register