1 Week Before My Hysterectomy - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 Week Before My Hysterectomy 1 Week Before My Hysterectomy

Unread 12-28-2005, 02:12 PM
1 Week Before My Hysterectomy

That is great Deana, I plan on doing the workout thing as much as I can after recovery, I thought about starting right now, but I figure at this point, with all the holiday eating, I might as well just watch what I eat, and get back in to working out after recovery!!!!!! My goal at that point, if I don't gain any more than I weigh right now, is to loose about 40 to 50 pounds!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Weight Gain

[font=Comic Sans MS]
  Quote:
Originally Posted by dtoney
Sarah,

My doctor said to wait till after the surgery, and see what is going with the weight- He said that Lupon has many different side effects and problems, i know just be patience..
Sex drive is not a problem, I have lack of sleep too- that is a huge problem as well. but I am sure I will get enough rest now but i don't want to ignore my kids or my wonderful husband. It will be worth it all in the long run. Just say prayer for me

Thanks

I am really freaked out about weight gain (along with some other things like my sex drive!). I've been going to the gym now for almost 2 years and have lost about 20 pounds. I am so worried about gaining weight! I went today on my lunch hour. I've been really working on my stomach muscles!
Deana
Unread 12-28-2005, 02:14 PM
1 week also

Way to go Ronda! 17 pounds, wow! That's great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2005, 02:19 PM
1 week also

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you ladies. As we reply back and forth, I feel my cramps and think...man...I can not wait until next week!
Good luck Wednesday too to Schrieb....
My surgery is at 945am.....what time is everyone else's that day?
Unread 12-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtoney
Way to go Ronda! 17 pounds, wow! That's great.
Thanks Dtoney, I can assume most of
this is "enlarged organ weight" and bloat?
(I have no idea ~ but I like it) LOL

However, I really do want to get into shape
before spring ~ thus I'm carefully watching
"how much" & what I put in my mouth (heehee)
I weigh in once per week, and didn't gain
an ounce from Christmas! (so excited)
I only have about 20 lbs more to shed...
Wish me luck!!!

God Bless
Ronda
Unread 12-28-2005, 02:37 PM

Good luck Ronda! I know you can do it!
Deana
Unread 12-28-2005, 03:10 PM
View From The Other Side

!

Just wanted to let you know that things look good "on the other side."

I am 4 weeks post op tomorrow and feeling great. Saw my dr today--first time since surgery. Had dissolving sutures. Started hormone therapy (Climara patch 0.05 mg) day after surgery. Was at the Castle from Thursday a.m. to Saturday supper time. Only pain was when I woke in recovery room. Nurse immediately gave me meds. My main problem was gas pains. Used very little pain meds both in and out of the Castle. Drove after two weeks. Was anxious about the anesthesia, worried about being nauseous. Mentioned that to the anesthesiologist who gave me anti-nausea meds through the IV before I left the operating room. No problems!!

I've been a good and you should be, too! Listen to the doc; rest, rest, rest; no lifting; drink lots of water; take short walks. I really think heeding the advice made the difference for me.

Good luck to all! Any questions, fire away. I soaked up all the info I could get my hands on from this website prior to my surgery. And, yes, it's perfectly normal to be anxious and honestly the waiting is the worse part!

s

Judy
Unread 12-28-2005, 05:44 PM

Hello everyone. Thank you for all your support and prayers. I am sure that me and the other woman who are getting ready for this change in our lives will keep everyone posted as to our progress and how we are doing. Lets all keep in touch and keep everyone in our prayers.

Sonya

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register