confused and worried | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

confused and worried confused and worried

Unread 06-23-2007, 11:36 AM
confused and worried

I really dont know what to do. My GYN has given me 4 options for bleeding trouble which basically boil down to 2 options either ablation or a partial hysterectomy. I dont even really know the reason for the bleeding he says that the lining might be extra thick so when ever I have intercourse I bleed. Some time a LOT. But definitely every time. This has put a real damper on my sex life. Sex is very important to me and so is enjoying it. I tend to be leaning towards the partial hyst but am afraid of what it will do to my sex life. Sensations feelings and desire...can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2007, 12:01 PM
confused and worried

Have you had a second medical opinion about what might be best for you? Before scheduling any type of surgery, it is a good idea to get a second opinion, especially if you do not have a specific diagnoses. A hyst does not cure all GYN issues.

A hyst is a major, irreversible surgery whether it be a partial (retaining the cervix) or a complete/total (removing the uterus with the cervix). And then one has to consider whether or not to keep or remove the ovaries (oophorectomy).

A hyst does involve risks and there can be complications, so you need to weigh all the pros and cons before deciding.

You may also want to read through the Resource Database as well as check out this site: Endometrial Ablation Discussion Group.

Know your symptoms, find a doctor who can help you with a diagnoses, then research all of your options and decide what is best for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register