Got the authorization | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got the authorization Got the authorization

Unread 09-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Got the authorization

Well, I got the letter from my insurance company yesterday authorizing my surgery as "medically necessary". What dufus heads. Do they honestly think we'd have this surgery just so we could get some money out of them? Gesh!

Now, I'm getting nervous! I have a countdown clock on my MySpace page and it says (oh my gosh ) 24 days! Where did the time go? I scheduled my surgery August 1st and pushed it back to October due to my horse show schedule. Now, it's almost here.

Have an apt. with my doc next week. Got to get busy writing down my questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Got the authorization

Hi there!

I have to double check on Monday that my insurance company is ok with this. I called my doc's office a while ago and was told they submit it 2 weeks before surgery. That would have been last Monday and I haven't heard a word. Actually, the nurse said that if I didn't hear it was a good thing. But, of course, I want reassurance that this will be covered before I go to the castle. No surprises, please.

Good luck with your surgery!
Unread 09-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Got the authorization

I got 2 letters from my insurance company telling me they approved the surgery and they are giving me 2 days in the hospital for a TAH/BSO. During my pre admission testing the nurse told me I would probably stay in teh hospital longer than 2 days. I got a call from my insurance company patient advocate (yeah I have pretty good coverage) and she said if I need to stay longer than the 2 days its not an issue, the hospital will just let them know I need to stay longer.

Good Luck to you, hopefully the next 2 weeks will go fast!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register