9 Days & Freaking! Give me a Bag! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 Days & Freaking! Give me a Bag! 9 Days & Freaking! Give me a Bag!

Unread 10-26-2003, 06:01 PM
9 Days & Freaking! Give me a Bag!

Hi All!

9 Days to GO! Well I must say is there something I can do to help to stop freaking out? I cant stop thinking about all of this! I feel sick to my stomach! I am Not Hungry and Stressing Real Bad. I also was wondering if I will be alright my dh has to leave me a week after my sugery. (TAH) He is in the Military and has to go play war elsewhere. I worry about him all of the time when he is gone. I know and understand that this is his Job, but he has always been with me after having all of my surgerys. This Time This one is a Big Surgery....My DM is coming to help me and everything but will I get the rest I need knowing my dh is elewhere? I am just a worry wart....Can someone hit me over the head? LOL I dread him leaving me because I know what is in store for the near future. Early 2004.....Iraq.....

I am still a chicken. I see my doc on Tuesday and my pre-op is the 3rd. As I sit here in pain I think to myself do I chicken out? Does anyone also know how long it will be before I can drive again? I know with 2-C sections it was awhile before I could drive. Also I have 15 stairs to my Bedroom. Is once a day or twice a day ok you think?

Any advise I would greatly appricate. This is a Great Site! Thanks For listening to me vent! God Bless
Seachel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2003, 06:08 PM

That's tough, I'm sorry your husband has to leave so soon after your surgery. I know how that goes as I used to be in the military and my husband still is. Hang in there and let your mom take care of you.
Unread 10-26-2003, 06:53 PM

Seachel~

Gosh, not only is the waiting for the surgery so hard, but you have to worry about your DH leaving too!!! I'm so sorry! But you will have ALL of us, I promise!! And I'm sure your DM will take excellant care of you.

I didn't have a TAH (I had LAVH), but I was restricted from driving for at least 2 weeks.

I know I haven't been much help, but I wanted you to know we're here for you!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2003, 06:56 PM

Hi

My husband is active duty, also. I can sooooo relate to your situation! Thank goodness your mom is coming to take care of you. Are you having your surgery done at a military hospital or civilian?? My surgery is scheduled for 11/12/03 at a Naval Hospital.

I live in housing and we have lots of steps, too. I guess I will be camped out downstairs for awhile.

Good luck and keep the faith. Being a military wife is no easy task!
Hang in there!

Jennifer
Unread 10-26-2003, 06:58 PM

Seachel,

First let me give you a . Second, it will be fine! My DH went and played war games about 10 days after my surgery, (we are both active duty)..It was hard at first, but we just prepared for it. My parents (fortuantly) live with us however they are both disabled. My son is 8yrs and was able to help some! Sometimes though having DH away for the recovery isn't so bad. I didn't want him to see the changes as they happened. He left the 1st week of Feb and didn't get home until the 1st week of August. It was pretty tough, but it worked out in the end.

I don't know if that helped, but believe me I completely and utterly understand. Feel free to PM me if you would like and we can talk more offline!

The surgery is life changing, however it's a decision that those of us who had to make it wouldn't change it for anything. This is one of the best decision that I have made, as tough as it was!

Keep smiling!!!! It will be ok!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register