bed or recliner - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bed or recliner bed or recliner

Unread 02-27-2004, 04:18 PM
lift chair recliner

i am getting a lift chair one. it actually reclines using a remote, and also will stand me up! i am getting one by golden technologies. has anyone else gotten this one? hugs, nancie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2004, 08:20 PM
bed or recliner

I love my recliner, but made the mistake of being in it with the foot up when my husband left. I couldn't use my stomach muscles to push the foot of the chair down, and ended up feeling like a turtle on its back. For me, it was great for naps, but sleeping was still better on a bed with a lot of pillows in strategic places.
Unread 02-28-2004, 07:42 AM
bed or recliner

that's why i am getting an automatic one. also was told not to get leather or vinyl because you stick to it.

i may be getting extra wide as well. i am waiting for the swatches to arrive.
Unread 02-28-2004, 08:11 AM
bed or recliner

oooh nancie, that made me laugh when you wrote about sticking to your chair. That's the worst. I wish we could have bought a new one that lifts! That would have been devine. I would totally go for the extra wide...tuck a few extra pillows in there..ah comfort!
Unread 02-28-2004, 09:17 AM
bed or recliner

hi jem-- yes that was exactly what i thought. more room for pillows. i am having a major tummy tuck with the hyst--- so i think you really need a good recliner for that! my friend has offered to lend me bedwetter flannel things to put under me on the chair just in case. nancie
Unread 03-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Recliner!!!

I kicked DH out of his recliner and took it over. Have extra pillows, and with minimal effort you can get a comfy spot to sleep in for a while. He just got it back, lol . it's still mine during the day,but we share now. I'm almost 4 weeks post op. Just make sure that the chair has a handle on the side to raise and lower the feet, for me it was easier to get in and out of.
Unread 03-05-2004, 09:05 AM
bed or recliner

there are recliners that all you need to do is push a button. the one i am getting will stand me up too. i think they count as medical equipment. golden technologies makes them. they are called lift chairs. i was also worried about getting stuck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register