Any 2 week's out there? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any 2 week's out there? Any 2 week's out there?

Unread 02-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Any 2 week's out there?

Had my LAVH RSO on Feb. 6. No real complications except I went for my 1 week post-op and the Dr. told me they had found cervical cancer (they were not even looking for it). He believes they got it all when they routinely removed the cervix but I will need to follow-up with a gyn-oncologist to make sure. I am disappointed that I still feel so yuky after 2 weeks. I am trying to not overdo. My dh and family/friends have been wonderful. I seem to have a lot of discomfort in my lower right side. When that is very painful, I tend to have a brown discharge. Is this happening to anyone else? I am very grateful for this site. It makes me not feel like such a baby. Thanks to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Any 2 week's out there?

I haven't heard from my Gyne/Onc. It is almost 2 weeks,and I know he has the report because I have already received the bill from the Path lab which stated that the Dr will now have the report. I am assuming that all is AOK.He did say that he would call me and he is usually good at making contact; I also know that he is a very busy guy. I don't have a post -op until week 6, hope I hear before then just to put my mind at rest(must make the appointment!).
Unread 02-21-2006, 05:34 PM
almost two weeks

It's great to hear from other sisters in the same stage as I am. I had a TAH and remaining ovary out Feb 10th and stayed two nights in hospital. No complications so far - just can't take anti-inflammatories and it seems I'm having more pain than most people at this stage; tylenol with small amounts of codeine during the day and a larger dose at bedtime. I've got an anemia problem too and am balancing that with bowels. Good thing I like fruit

I've been reading, watching the Olympics (getting tired of luge/skeleton/bobsled events!) and old movies. Have only been out twice - for staple removal and to thrift store for larger sweats that don't rub my incision. I am hoping to make it to my DS's school concert tomorrow - I've already booked the elevator. Walking and standing are still painful but I am able to make my own breakfast and lunch and shower alone - all steps on the road to recovery!

Keep resting and getting pampered everyone
Kendo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Any 2 week's out there?

2 weeks out and i get tired easy but when i take a nap dh gets upset he thinks i should be able to do what i used to do around house and i tried to explain to him what i couldnt do he doesnt listen i started bleeding friday nite and still am but he thinks im fine enough to stand around making dinner and doing laundry which i try to do but it is so hard i push myself to do little things so that he doesnt get so upset sometimes i think i would be better off without him
Unread 02-21-2006, 06:23 PM
2 weekers

I am coming up 3 weeks. just had my strips taken off. Told that inscisions are 90% healed & looking good. I am not sure about the energy part as yet. Somedays I feel tired other days I feel o.k. WIll be off for 5-6 weeks because of job. Anyone feeling that they made a mistake having TAH/BOS
Unread 02-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Any 2 week's out there?

I had my TAH on Feb 7 so 2 weeks and a day. Feeling pretty good - better and better each day but I still have scabs on the incision. The staples came out in 2 days when I left the hospital and the strips off at the doctors at my one week. He said to keep it dry until the scabs were gone.... wish they would fall off!
I was very active before and still feel pretty strong - do a lot of walking but tire easily and can feel it when I overdo - am taking 6 weeks off work - I am a teacher....so far so good- appreciate having this forum to check things against. Good luck to all!
Unread 02-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Any 2 week's out there?

I wanted to report, that for all my issues over the weekend, I had my first full-energy day yesterday. I didn't overdo it, but I didn't feel like I needed to crawl into bed by 2 p.m. Ah, there's hope that I'll regain my full energy soon. I'm still feeling pretty good so far today too. Phew!

Carrie
Unread 02-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Any 2 week's out there?

It seems that most of you 2 weekers have had some contact with your Dr's since your ops. I haven't heard anything from mine.I know he has the path results because I have received the bill.As I said previously I assume no news is good news,and he was confident that there was nothing sinister during the op. He never mentioned a follow-up appt,although the nurse told me to make an appt for six weeks when I was discharged from the hosp.Is this similar to anyone else's aftercare management? I am very well-no probs.Feel like I am back to normal and want to return to work on Monday but am not sure what he said about this,or the sex thing,or physical exercise (gym), or anything about stitches (persumably I have stitches?!)I had my cervix removed but not ovaries.
What do you reckon? If I listen to my body I am recovered enough to carry on as normal and there is no need to contact the DR to get the OK-but then, I don't
want to end up with complications.
Unread 02-23-2006, 07:37 AM
Any 2 week's out there?

I, too am 2 weeks and 2 days today. I feel generally okay but almost always uncomfortable. The swelly belly is really amazing to me...I was hoping to lose a few (which I have...) pounds but with this swelly belly I look as bad or worse than before. I had a 18 week sized uterus that extended all the way to my navel. I still have a slow waddly walk but I feel okay. I have expereinced the crying spells and feeling like I am supposed to act, do, or be a certain way now that I've had the surgery, but I don't know what. Though I have a wonderful church family to assist me as they can, I do not have a DH to be there with me and so this experience for the most part has been a very lonely one for me.

I do have a DD who is grown and 2 grand children that I don't see too often but it's still been a very lonely process for me. I pray and read my bible and that helps me, but I am still congnizant of the reality that I am walking through a lot of this alone and it hurts worse that anything sometimes, but God is faithful. Sorry this is so long but I want all of the sisters to know that each of us is blessed. Though we have been through a real ordeal (some folks will try to minimize this surgery...) each of us has come through alive and with hope. So we are all grateful for that. Thank you God...

I guess for me, I just need to keep resting and reading the posts so that I can see how everyone else is doing, and try to get myself ready for going back to work. I don't know...for some reason it feels to me like something is missing......has anyone else gotten that feeling??

Free
Unread 02-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Any 2 week's out there?

HI!!! I am a 2-weeker as of today!!! I am actually going to my first follow-up doctor visit in a half an hour. I am feeling pretty good. My hyst was suppose to be ab but ended up being vag. I also had a sparc procedure done to my bladder. I still have some twingy-type pain in my left side. I don't know what that is and I don't have it every day...... Otherwise I am just so dang tired. I would love to talk to anyone about their experience this site is the best!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register