Question about LSH and bowel prep?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about LSH and bowel prep?? Question about LSH and bowel prep??

Unread 01-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Question about LSH and bowel prep??

I was wondering if I will have to do a bowel prep for my LSH ? I am having to take alot of time off in prep for having mine done .

And was wondering if I will have to take off to do this the day before ??

I had to tell my boss last night I might have to take off another day . And that was hard because of all the requests I have made to do this . Thankfully he was fine with it . I just hate to !!

Thank You All !! This has got to be the best site and people I have run into in a long time !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2007, 12:05 PM

I had to do a bowel prep for mine. I took the day before surgery off, since I was on a liquid diet after breakfast and didn't have the prep until evening. I figured I would just be a JOY for my coworkers to be around if I went in - NOT! No regrets, either. Take it if you can!
Unread 01-17-2007, 12:11 PM

Like many sisters have said, all doctors are different, but I don't have to have one for my LSH. I do plan to eat light the day before though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2007, 12:35 PM

Thank you !

I did not have to do one for my LAP she did . But did have a liquid diet . That was fun ! I tryed not to be around the family when they ate . I was hard for me not to take a bite of what they had . But I got through it .

I will take it if I have to do the prep . But I will take soup with me if I don`t have too .
Unread 01-17-2007, 12:50 PM

my surgery is on a monday like yours 35andready and so prep will be sunday....you must work in a place that you can work any day of the week? that stinks. I have an office job, mon-fri so that worked out great for me not having to take an additional day for prep.
Good luck to you...my pre-op appt is the day you have your hyst. i will think of you.
Unread 01-17-2007, 12:52 PM

I had to do one. I had to do the Fleet 3 bowel prep kit. It included drinking the phospho soda, taking four tablets, lots of water and an enema the morning of the surgery.
Unread 01-17-2007, 01:04 PM
I had to do a bowel prep (I had a TLH) ...

... but I took a final exam the day of the prep.! I didn't have to deal with the phospho-soda until that evening.

You might be able to deal with work, if you're allowed to bring the ingredients for the clear liquid diet, and you're allowed to take frequent peeing breaks to deal with the natural consequences. I didn't have to take the phospho-soda until 6:00 p.m. the night before.
Unread 01-17-2007, 01:52 PM

I can take bathroom break`s when needed . But like Peanut said , I work were we are open 7 days a week . So that suck`s !

I know there would be no way I could do a prep with meds during the day . Because I would have to deal with customers . And trying to run to the bathroom and getting there in time with out running into one would be unlikely ! And some want help right away . And it would not be fair to them or me if I was to just run off or stand there having to GO !

So I will find out next month if my Dr wants one or not . I am keeping my finger crossed I don`t . But just have a liquid diet .

Thank you all for your help !! You all will be in my thoughts and prayers !!
Unread 01-17-2007, 02:33 PM

Hi,

I had the same procedure and did not have to have a bowel prep.

Unread 01-17-2007, 03:22 PM

I have to do a fleets enema the morning of the surgery. I have a 30 minute drive to the hospital. I'm suppose to arrive at 6:30 and the forcast is for snow. I'll be getting up very early!! But I'm so ready.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register