10 months post hyst and had to have emergency oopherectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 months post hyst and had to have emergency oopherectomy 10 months post hyst and had to have emergency oopherectomy

Unread 02-16-2008, 06:01 PM
10 months post hyst and had to have emergency oopherectomy

I just got home from the hospital. I haven't been on this site in several months. I had my hysterectomy on April 25, 2007 and I have been doing pretty good once I got past the first 3-4 months.

Thursday morning I woke up with a horrible pain. It fealt as though something was pushing against my pubic bone and the pain just kept getting more and more intense. I went straight to the ER and they pumped and pumped me with pain meds and nothing worked on the pain. They suspected something going on with my ovaries. They did an internal ultrasound, which I might add was very painful. They discovered a large 6cm cyst on my right ovary. They didn't feel that it had burst. They were hoping to get the pain under control and then send me home.

Well the pain would not get any better so they consulted with an obgyn there on duty. She came in and basically said that we need to operate now. Which is what happened. Within less than two hours I was rolling into surgery. She had to remove the cyst and the ovary. The cyst had burst, but then there was also something that was sticking out of the ovary that had also burst. This seemed to concern her, and it concerns me too. She said it is more than likely benign, but she sent it to pathology to see what that additional complication was.

I am still spinning from the sudden emergency surgery, and now I am seriously concerned about what this thing was that was sticking out of my ovary. If anyone has had a similar experience I would love to hear it. Both good and bad. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2008, 04:13 AM

Hi... so sorry to hear that. We have a few things in common. I had surgery in May 07 and only kept 1 ovary. I have been having pain off and on since Aug and then daily since Dec. I went to gyn on Wed and have an 8cm cyst. I had to do a CA125 test and no results yet. She wants it removed quickly so I don't end up in the ER. Being told surgery alone (abdominal) is throwing me for a loop enough, I can't imagine emergency surgery. It seems that there are alot of us that keep our ovaries and are having issues with them. I hope that the "thing" is nothing serious and you are on the road to recovery. Best of luck on replies....I don't have much information, just didn't want you to feel alone. PS...I was born and raised in IN...just transplanted to CA Take care and stay warm...it is cold where you are!
Unread 02-17-2008, 05:59 AM

Hi ~

I can some what understand what you are going through with ending up in ER for pain. About 5 months after my TAH - I was in the ER also. I had horrible funk low pain. They also pumped me up with pain meds. They did the pelvic ultra sound which was very painful. And discovered I had a 6cm cyst on my left ovary. They ended up admitting me - stayed there for 4 days. Ended up back at my doctors office and he started me on Lupron for pelvic pain. I fought Lupron before my TAH for fibroids because I knew the fibroids would come back (I had already had a myomectomy to remove 2 large fibroids). Since I was one of 25% who had reoccurance I knew that Lupron would only be a temporary fix. So now I've been getting monthly injections for about 9 months. So I go to the doctor this past week for my annual and I tell him I want the CA - 125 test and he says WHY? Duh, to check for ovarian cancer!!! He says we know your levels are going to be high, you have endo. Now I can't get the injections anymore because I didn't take the dumb pills that they gave me because they made me feel like I had PMS. Who wants that after all of this. Sorry I've really gone way off the subject here.

I guess the point to my story is I can relate to having ovary trouble after having a hyst.

Hope you get good results from your pathology.
Unread 02-17-2008, 11:48 AM

Actually I just moved to Vermont in October, I just haven't updated my profile yet, so yep, its cold here, and I love it
Unread 02-17-2008, 11:51 AM

I am just glad they didn't decide to play games. Once the OBGYN took a look at my ultrasound she was like, we are going into surgery, today. I am not sure yet how I feel about it all, and I am worried about this "thing"that was sticking through my ovary. I am just hoping and praying that it is benign and nothing to worry about. So far my left ovary is still healthy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register