dVH/RALH Surgery today with partial vulvectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery today with partial vulvectomy Surgery today with partial vulvectomy

Unread 01-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Surgery today with partial vulvectomy

I'm on the other side. I can't begin to tell you how anxious and scared I was this morning only to be sitting here 10 hours later able to post this note.

I awoke from anesthesia in pain which was quickly controlled. I've been drowsy most of the day, waiting for my next dosage of pain meds, and unable to sleep. The pain is similar to the worst of crampy days.

The nurse kindly encouraged me to get up and walk promising me I would feel better. And she was right! I'm sipping on the most delicious apple juice I have ever had LOL mainly because of my sore throat.

The gas pain and bloating is in my chest. They gave me a gas x pill that seems to have done the trick. Also have a soar neck.

All has been manageable so far. I learned I have to keep up on the pain, and there is pain; to drink as much as possible, and walk.

Now for the vulvectomy. I'm so scared to see what has been done there and to get the pathology reports. I can feel major irritation and imagine my first tip to the bathroom will be a doosy. I have a foley right now and begged my nurse to leave it in. She's not buying that.

I'm so thankful surgery is over. And even more thankful I have such caring nurses. I couldn't begin to imagine how this was going to be an out-patient surgery, stressing over the idea foe weeks. And now I can't wait to go home and get in my own bed.

I hope all my other sisters had good experiences today. Best of luck to all of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Re: Surgery today with partial vulvectomy

Congratulations
Just don't do anything rash...like going bowling or something...now is YOUR TIME to REST REST REST.

It's only going to get better, no matter what you have to face ... you have managed this and you'll heal and get on with the rest of it.....no matter your results.

I'll pray that you have little pain...and that you pamper yourself, and let everyone wait on you for a change
Unread 01-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Re: Surgery today with partial vulvectomy

It's almost like you know me
Thanks for the support and advice.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register