4 Weekers r u out there? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 Weekers r u out there? 4 Weekers r u out there?

Unread 02-14-2005, 02:14 AM
4 Weekers r u out there?

Ok what is up with these mood swings? They are out of control.
ANd I still can not sleep I took Tylenol PM and nothing.

I am driving, but I am finding my modd swings are so bad I am afraid to drive. I get so angry at the other drivers.

I go back to the Dr. next week for my follow up.

Pain is ok, I am not taking Advil liqui gels every 4-6 hours, today I only took them once and I feel ok.

I got out of the house yesterday and walked to the end of the block and back, I was tired.

Thanks for listening it is 3:13am here in Dallas, Texas and I am awake. I wish I could sleep 8 hours. Any hours of solid restful sleep would be so SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2005, 08:18 AM
4 Weekers r u out there?

A four weeker checking in...

I am sorry that you are having trouble sleeping and that you are ready to commit a road rage incident*punch* ...it sounds like you need a

My sleep is off and on...some nights good most night not so good...I started hrt (the patch) last week and have had some improvement so I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel for me. Have you started hrt or are you planning to do that?

Even though it is tiring, I would try to get out for some fresh air a few times a day. Walk slowly and breathe deeply to relax. I'm glad your pain level is down. That will help you feel better faster.

Good luck at the appointment. Write down all of your questions and what you have been experiencing. And don't let him/her give you the bum's rush...make sure you get the answers you need!

Jennifer

TAH/BSO w app 1/14/05
Unread 02-14-2005, 09:11 AM
4 Weekers r u out there?

I am sorry to hear that you are having mood swings and trouble sleeping. I have had some trouble sleeping off and on but I think its due more to sleeping during the day.

Started Climara 0.1mg patch before I left the hospital so I haven't had any mood swings. I did wake up with the sweats one night.

Herbal teas like "Tension Tamer" and "Sleepy Time" have helped me and getting out the house.

If you haven't started HRT yet I hope your doc can fix that for you on your next visit.

I pray that it will all turn around for you for the better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2005, 09:34 AM
4 Weekers r u out there?

4 weeks tomorrow. I sarted the patch last week even though I kept my overies Same problems you are having. I have to saw that my sleeping is so much better. Actually slept all night last night YEAH.

Not thrilled however with the bloated feeling I'm having. Don't want to get on the scale because I feel about 5 pounds heavier since last week. Also still spotting. When does that stop????????

Overall those are my only complaints
HAPPY VALENTINES"S DAY

Sirap
Unread 02-14-2005, 09:44 AM
4 Weekers r u out there?

Hello, I'm really sorry to hear you are having problems. I hope it will all even out for you very soon.

I was 4 weeks on Thursday. I feel like one of the luck ones because I am pretty much back to my old routine. I still limit pushing, lifting and pulling but I'm out and about quite a bit. I've been wearing my jeans for about a week and sleeping on my stomach for about a week and a half. My sleep is still a bit restless but that is helped by taking melatonin. I'm still spotting and really getting tired of wearing panty liners. Other than that my recovery has been amazing. No mood swings or hot flashes. No fatigue or naps. Even the bowels have been moving smoothly. I wish there was a way to give my good fortune to all the sisters.
Unread 02-14-2005, 09:45 AM
4 Weekers r u out there?

I'm so sorry your sleep is not going well! I would think a mild pain killer would do the trick -- ease your pain and allow you to relax. That is what worked for me the first week. After four weeks, I'm feeling my normal self. I'm a little irritated -- want to get back to my normal routine -- but it may be too early to do so. Sort of wondering about that at the moment!

Wishing you well and a very good night's sleep!!

Hang in there -- I'm sure in time you will be feeling even better!

Unread 02-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks yall

I was thinking that because I kept my ovaries I would not have to take HRT but I will look into it. I am only 31 kinda early for menopause you think? It is probably just the changes from the hystectomy.

Thank you for all your input.
Unread 02-14-2005, 12:37 PM
4 Weekers r u out there?

From what I understand from my doctor, you don't have to take HRT if your ovaries are still there and functioning as they were before. I'm in the same place: I still have my ovaries and my cervix; I don't expect to take HRT (and I'm 40, which I think is too young for menopause, too!)!!

Take Care!

Unread 02-14-2005, 12:58 PM
4 Weekers r u out there?

I'm a least 10 years away from menopause, but from what I understand from my Dr is that after surgery your overies can fall asleep fo a while. The hormone therapy is just to help until they kick back in. It really has nothing to do with age.

Sirap
Unread 02-14-2005, 01:01 PM
4 Weekers r u out there?

For sleeping - are you able to get out and walk some? I find that if I'm not getting enough exercise, like walking, I can't sleep.

As for me, my sleep is interrupted by trips to the potty (usually once or twice) and then the stinking HOT flashes! ay ay ay! Wake up hot and sweaty, throw off the covers and then I am cold and clammy so I throw them back on! Hate that! And I still have an ovary AND I'm on birth control pills. Figure THAT one out.

And my doctor gave me a hard time about my weight when I was there last week. He's NEVER done that before. He asked me if I was exercising and what I liked to do for exercise. I said I liked to swim and I asked if I could do that yet (it was not quite 4 weeks) and he said "Yeah" like I should have known that! Made me mad because I was thinking, "Hey buddy you haven't even told me I could have SEX yet and you're hammering me about not realizing I could go swimming!?" (I had a D&C with my RSO, so that's why I hesitated.)

I lifted too much at work today, so now I'm hurting a little, but I took a couple ibuprofen and it should be fine. I've been sleeping on my tummy for about a week. Just love that!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register