Healing and the Flu! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Healing and the Flu! Healing and the Flu!

Unread 02-19-2005, 02:39 AM
Healing and the Flu!

Hey, gals.

I'm so happy to be rid of all the wretched pain I was in for so many years. Except, ya know, having the flu really bites!! Especially during my hyst. recovery! Oh, well - at least I don't have to contend with abdominal pain and hellacious painkillers, too. And I got my shot, too! It didn't protect against end-o, though.

xoxoxoxoxo -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2005, 08:49 AM
Healing and the Flu!

Yes, having the flu sure is rotten! Over a month before surgery, as a precaution, I had both a flu shot and a pneumonia shot. Unfortunately, the flu shot only covers a few types of flu.

On Feb 1st, I went to New Orleans on vacation. I must have picked up something in the airport, because, the following night after I arrived, I had the worst flu (vomiting and diarrhea) that I've ever had. Because of the recent surgery, I was incontinent while I was vomiting. So, I had to sit on the toilet and puke into the wastebasket. (Sorry if TMI.) It lasted all night long, with fever and hot flashes. I slept the whole next day and night, and was queasy for the rest of the trip. No one else got sick, so it's possible that it was food poisoning.

Am so glad to be over that. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!
Unread 02-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Healing and the Flu!

Hey there...

Sorry to hear you are ill! I am hoping it passes for you soon.

I have been fighting a kick-***** bout of bronchitis for the past week. A cough that curls your toenails!!! I am back to wearing maxi pads because in my coughing fits, I dribble!!!!! Talk about depressing. I am on antibiotics and this morning I woke up with a wicked sore throat and stuffed up head. Like every other year, I had the flu shot this year too. Never have I been sick like this before.

My recovery was uneventful and relatively easy until now.

Well, just have to suck it up....drink fluids, rest, cry a little, cough a lot and keep my trip to Mexico at the end of March in my thoughts!

Hoping all sisters are recovering well and avoiding the dreaded bugs!

Hugs,
Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Me too

Yep... I've got the 'flu too. I picked it up in Paris last weekend. Went for a romantic weekend with DH. We had a wonderful time 'cept it was SOOO cold. I think I picked it up in those smoke laden Parisian cafes or on the Eurostar train from/to London!! We stayed in Monmartre just up the road from Amelie's cafe, you know the Audrey Tatou film?

I feel rotten!!!!!!! And I can identify with a bladder which doesn't react well to my sneezing!!!!
Unread 02-21-2005, 06:35 AM
Healing and the Flu!

the flu season is just now hitting hard where I live. I did not get the flu shot. My daughters both did, they are 2 and 6 yrs old. Well this weekend they were both got the flu, they are miserable and I am now feeling quite bad.

Not what I needed but what can you do, they need me to take care of them. Just hoping it doesn't get me down much more than I already am.

Heather

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register