I have strange fluttering feelings in my abdomen? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have strange fluttering feelings in my abdomen? I have strange fluttering feelings in my abdomen?

Unread 02-18-2010, 12:11 AM
I have strange fluttering feelings in my abdomen?

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me to understand if some of these strange & almost undescribale feelings are somewhat normal. There seems nothing worse than to feel so alone with such issues and literally have no one to ask. I am 3 wks post-op , had a TAH had my ovaries & cervix removed also 4 fibroid tumors ....1 of them very very large. And though I feel relieved that the aweful & constant pain should go away now I do feel worried and even scared of some of the weird pains I have now. Most recently the fluttering in my belly is weird.... Anyone else have that? But the pain in my rt leg( tingeling, hot &prickley) really is scarey! I do have an appt w/my Dr in another wk but was just hoping someone might no about these things?
All the best to all you brave ladies:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2010, 02:18 AM
Re: I have strange fluttering feelings in my abdomen?

I had the fluttering too at about 3 weeks. Felt just like being pregnant when the baby first starts to move. It didn't last long, I assumed it was just healing.
I would however be more concerned about your leg, i'd get that checked out and not wait a week.
Hope things improve. Take care
manxmaid
Unread 02-18-2010, 09:00 AM

Hi, Tina.
Sorry your having so much discomfort! It could just be gassy feelings. Now that your bowels have so much room to move around, it may just be feeling different than it used to. I've noticed new sensations in my bowels.

I have complete numbness in my upper left leg/thigh still. My belly is doing the tingling and prickling from my incision up to my belly button. It's from those nerves being severed during surgery, they're starting to 'wake up' again. From past experience, it just takes time for it to go away. I don't really have any suggestions for relief but time will heal the sensation.

Hope this helps...hang in there! We're only 3 weeks out and it'll take 6 months to 1 year to completely heal inside. I know it's hard, but we have to keep reminding ourselves to be patient patients, as one poster put it.

(((((Hugs))))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2010, 10:43 AM

I have had the fluttering feeling too. I just assumed it was healing of internal organs. I had similar feelings after the egg retrieval when we did IVF. They put a long needle through the wall of your uterus and pierce the little pockets where the eggs are, and this is similar to that feeling.
Unread 02-18-2010, 12:13 PM

[QUOTE But the pain in my rt leg( tingeling, hot &prickley) really is scarey!

If you see red streaks on your leg then you need to go straight to the doctor or ER...could be a blood clot. If no streaks are visible then you're probably having some nerve issues...keep an eye on it. Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 02-18-2010, 07:37 PM

I've chalked the fluttery feeling up to gas. It's weird that it does feel like a pregnancy flutter. I am quite amazed at how high up in the belly I do feel it, because I don't know about you, but sometimes it feels like it's my stomach, but then I feel it move sideways and know it has to be lower.

As for the hot/tingly/ache. I just went through three days of it and took Ibuprofen. Although not a doctor, I realize that as each day passes, swelling goes down and swelling goes up. When there is less swelling there are more sensations like things coming to life, i.e. nerves. I also realized that I had some pressure in my groin area from swelling and when I took the anti-inflam not only did it take down swelling, it took some of the zappy way. You didn't mention how long yours has been going on for. Keep track of it to inform doc. I had one zap that went clear down to my right big toe and zapped off and on the right side for almost a whole day. I am happy to report that zappies are gone.

Be well and know you're not alone.
Unread 02-18-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina Juliana View Post
But the pain in my rt leg( tingeling, hot &prickley) really is scarey!
As I have had a blood clot in my lower leg in 1993, if I was having the symptoms you're describing, I would be calling my doctor right away. Better to be safe and get it checked out to make sure than to wait. Another poster mentioned red streaks; however, the only symptoms I had were my foot was swollen and warm to the touch. The doctors were shocked that I even thought to come in because I didn't have any redness, swelling or actual pain in my calf where the clot was. I'm certainly not trying to scare you, but it is something to take seriously and to find out if it's just a "normal" part of your healing process rather than waiting, especially since you are scared.
Unread 02-19-2010, 05:43 AM

I agree w/ having your leg checked out, ASAP, not trying to scare you, but def be safe than sorry. Have you contacted your doc about this? Are you running any fevers? Def if you see red streaks, ER, immediately.
The fluttering, I am w/ the others, I thought it was just healing and/or bowels.
Take care, and please let us know what you find out. You're not alone, you have us now. Hugs.
Unread 08-05-2010, 12:19 PM

I have major flutters,too. I am only 10 days post full hysterectomy. I was curious as to what it might be because it feels a lot like very active baby movement.... kind of a sad feeling now.
Unread 08-05-2010, 12:52 PM

I have had that feeling to kinda like mt belly is growling bit its not in my stomach ya know i have also felt a similar feeling in what i precieve to be my vaginal cuff its like a growling feeling .. I wondered if maybe it was the inturnal stitches disolving and breaking ... not sure tho

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register