Post-op LAVH questions... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op LAVH questions... Post-op LAVH questions...

Unread 11-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Post-op LAVH questions...

I'm in my 3rd week of recovery too and have been searching all over for LAVH sisters so I can compare notes and so glad I stopped by. I too feel terrific until I read somewhere that my outside incisions may seem like they're healed but there are hundreds of stitches still healing inside. I just started light duty cooking dinner for three. I haven't done any housework nor any laundry am keeping it for DH. And I haven't hit that stage of boredom yet. Thanks to your postings. Take care sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2005, 08:19 PM

I'm glad to see all you LAVHers too. It is great to be able to compare notes. I, like you, tend to forget about all the internal stuff that was done. My doc did a good job of reminding me, but all the sisters here did a better job.

I did go back to work today, but just for 4 hours (plus drive time of 1/2 hour each way). I feel okay this evening, very tired and a bit achey. Been taking Motrin all day long, that helps a ton. Don't have my appetite back yet, have to kind of force myself to eat just so I can take the Motrin, otherwise it makes my tummy upset. It is amazing, I was sitting at work and all of a sudden I was just done. Luckily for me, I can just get up and leave and I did.

The main thing that is bothering me tonight is that pressure feeling I have down there. Feels like something is going to fall out. My doc said it is from the internal swelling and it will go away. Guess maybe I was up a bit too much today, as tonight it feels really swollen.

Lets keep in touch!
Unread 11-30-2005, 01:13 AM

Shayb, I know how you feel. My dr has been reading me the riot act since before surgery When I phoned her about some minor bleeding she said 'I'm not surprised, stop what you're doing and REST!!!!!' She really put things in prespective for me when she said I couldn't drive for 3-4 weeks, and that's an automatic car!

I had endo and had one ovary out 2 years ago but since the endo came back again I said - take the lot, I've had enough. I'm too young to be sick all the time. I had LAVH with uterus and other ovary taken, cervix left in. I'm not planning on taking HRT, menopause can't be any worse than what I've already had for most of my life. Dr agrees as there is no point taking estrogen when that contributes to the endo.

Recovery has been fine now I'm following dr's orders and I expect to go back to work on the 12th. My boss is great and has said just do what I can and go when I want.

Shayb, don't push yourself, it's not worth it. If you don't recover properly now you will have more problems later on.

Hang in there
Unread 11-30-2005, 04:37 AM

I also had an LAVH. I felt wonderful up until week numenr 2. My legs bothered me, I had b;adder spasams so darn bad. i thought for sure I was having abother baby thats how bad they hurt me. I had no idea what was going on. My GYN, was no help what so ever. My Dr. who sent me too this man is who I ended up calling, and asking if I could see her for I was getting no where with the OBGYN who did my Surgery. She seen me and yold me I could not be released back in her care until he would release me. I went for my check up at week 4. which all things had stopped by that time. I didn't like him at all. Anyway at week 3 I was feeling pretty good. Was still tired some. Wekk 4 I was released back in too my daily routines. I came home starting vleaning full force. Washed down cabinets, and mopped floors you name it I did it. BIG MISTAKE on my part. I was too ease back in. not full force. Even though we feel good we should never start out fast. So take everyones advice and ease back in too your life again.

At week 6 I was walking two miles. Doing crunches, and back in my barn again with the horses. Look at it this way. if you have someone to help out. Let them do it. I wished I would, but I'm one who can't stand sitting or doing nothing.

Also by 3 months I was baling hay. First cutting we did over 1.000 bales. Till this day I'm so happy I did this. I needed one year before I did it. How I wished I would have. Always a bright side at the end of the tunnel.
Unread 11-30-2005, 11:07 AM

I had LAVH on 10/26 and I was also overly optimistic about what I would be able to do those first 2 weeks. I will say that the difference in the 2nd & 3rd weeks was dramatic. I went back to work on 11/14 which was 19 days after surgery and I felt really good. I was really tired in the evenings but I really went back to my normal routine except for lifting and sex...my dr's orders until 6 weeks. I am at 5 weeks today and I shopped Thursday until Sunday at outlet malls and did a tremendous amount of walking. By Sat. evening my lower back was hurting but after a good night's sleep I was back at it. My job is a desk job but I do quite a bit of walking about and had no problems. I have strictly stuck with the no lifting over 10 pounds. I think I am healing very well. I go for my 6 wk. check up next Wed so we'll see what she thinks. A quick note, I had the same lower pain until about 2 1/2 wks and haven't had much since. My swelly belly is even much better! Good luck to you!
Unread 11-30-2005, 01:23 PM

Shayb, I too totally agree with you. This posting is a great place for all LAVHers. A place I can come home to.

I give you alot of credit returning to work so soon. I'm taking the whole 6 weeks and my job is just sitting at the computer - administrative duties.

You take easy. Take care.
Unread 11-30-2005, 03:49 PM

Thanks everyone! NOBODY understands like a sister!

I did go to work again today, for 5 1/2 hours this time. Also did a few errands before work. Doing pretty well this afternoon, but started having the cramping and felt like I hit a wall about 3:00. Just like yesterday, I just got up and came home. Good thing too.

I wonder why we are all so overly optimistic and hard headed to give in to the rest?? I'm so guilty of that. I just feel like nothing will get done unless I get up and do it myself. That is so bad. My DH and kids have been great, but I am having to try and ignore my dirty kitchen floor, empty fridge and carpet that needs vacuuming. I will have to get the kids on those items tonight though, so I don't break down and do them myself!

bigdream,
I think that if I lived in Honolulu, I would have tried my best to take advantage of that 6 weeks off too! LOL. Resting on the beach sounds pretty wonderful right now, while I sit listening to the cold Colorado wind blow 50 mph.
While I have gone back to work, I am taking it slow and my housework is being totally ignored by me, so that all helps!

Thinking of you all daily!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register