Any other sisters out there with left hip/pelvic pain. 4 1/2 weeks out very depressed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any other sisters out there with left hip/pelvic pain. 4 1/2 weeks out very depressed Any other sisters out there with left hip/pelvic pain. 4 1/2 weeks out very depressed

Unread 12-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Any other sisters out there with left hip/pelvic pain. 4 1/2 weeks out very depressed

HELP!! I'm 5 weeks out & do not go to the doctors for another 2 weeks. I'm having left sided pain, in the lower left side, ingiunal & hip area. Kind of like a burning sensation. Not sure if I should tough it out & talk to dr at the next appointment or call early this week? I had 2 laps 3 weeks apart & the last one resulting in a TVH with both ovaries gone. My doctor just casually mentioned possible endometrial cells in the nerve causing pain, or not sure it is not from the nerves being cut during surgery. I'm trying to keep it under control with motrin and tylenol, but go back to work soon & find it very untolerable with the pain. Any suggestions, very down at this time. : ( Not sure how to handle this one. Thanks to all the wonderful sisters out there!! Confused!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Any other sisters out there with left hip/pelvic pain. 4 1/2 weeks out very depressed

I have the same pain my doc said thet its just the ligaments as they are being streched. Also it could be from the lap as i also had this pain with them . my pain gets wrost when i am on my feet more. If the motrin and tylenol dont help call your doc . they might give you something stronger.
Unread 12-04-2006, 08:59 AM

i have left pain also in the iliotibial band. Feels like it is very tight and stretching doesn't help. It must be from the surgery, stretching, nerves etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2006, 09:00 AM

One thing to possibly consider is if you had a TAH, when they do this procedure they can/have clamped you open which usually they clamp to the pelvic/hip area - this would cause a lot of pain (based on past experience). My doc also mentioned musco-skeletal healing which too is painful but does subside. Of course, this is my experience, do not feel timid in calling the Doc! They've heard and seen far more than we have. It's amazing really though what your body goes thru after having abdominal procedures with all the pushing, re-aligning, etc that they do with your insides.
Unread 12-04-2006, 09:44 AM

Thanks for your reply, I will call the doctor, just to be on the safe side & let you know what they said. I had my hyst on Nov 1st. : ) suppose to go back to work in 2 weeks and scared to death.
Unread 12-04-2006, 09:54 AM
for scoopie :)

I'm penciled out til the first of the year and actually think I may stay out til then. Mine was on 11/14. As far as pain - take the pain killers - my experience and doc both tell me that the body is busy trying to heal itself and if you're in pain and not taking something that works, the body will spend more time battling the pain that healing itself. I finally had to take the Percocet myself b/c I couldn't deal with it anymore. Hopefully all goes well with the doc. After the better part of my life dealing with surgery after surgery, it came time to just get it done and I fell really positive about it. The healing takes a lot of time but in the end it will heal hug:
Unread 12-04-2006, 11:01 AM

I'm nearly 2 weeks out and have had the same problem, my MD thinks it's because of being in the stirrups for 4 hours for all the surgery. It gets better and comes and goes, but man is in uncofortable and NOTHING helps it ....
Unread 12-04-2006, 11:40 AM

Well I did call the doctor & the nurse called me back & said since I had a lap first on the left side for endometrioma & cyst & then 3 weeks later had a hyst, also she said I was retracted for 3-4 hours, multiple nerves & muscles cut, it will take longer for this side to be without pain. I told how I was worried about going back to work in less than 2 weeks, they said not to worry about it, they will make me go back to work, only when they think I'm more than ready. Talk about a relief. Thanks so much for your replies & support, really appreciate it. I have been switching from motrin to tylenol alternating, I will definitely keep you ladies posted. I know how I felt only 2-3 weeks out, I guess when they give you 6-8 weeks out, boy they sure do mean it, not been able to get absolutely nothing done, it's still there when I wake up from each nap!! lol. let me know how it is going with you all, I definitely was taking vicodin for the longers, almost 3 month between all this mess. It is really cold her 13 degrees, so much for warm weather!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register