sex before 4 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sex before 4 weeks sex before 4 weeks

Unread 08-19-2009, 09:22 PM
sex before 4 weeks

Ok, so i did something that my Dr would probably kill me for, i had sex with my hubby tonight. No pain, no spotting. It was great!!!! I am now scared that i may have done damage though. I am not having any problems, just a littlle nervous. Should i call my doc and get an exam? Or just see how things go? I am 3 weeks out and have had a VERY GOOD recovery with no problems or complications. I have been driving since my 1 wk f/u and no pain meds needed for 2 wks. Any one have advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Re: sex before 4 weeks

((kmaize1123))

Please, call your doctor and let him/her know what happened. Your doctor can then determine if you need to come in for an exam or will tell what signs to watch for. You don't want to wait in case there is something preventive your doctor can do as your risks for a complication just went up.

I am glad your recovery is going well! That is wonderful!

Unread 08-19-2009, 09:48 PM

Yow!

Why would you do that -- why risk your health over something that can wait?

I just don't understand Sorry I don't mean to be judgemental-- not meant to be that way at all.

Call your doctor....I had my 4week visit today and the doctor said NO to sex...The healing is NOT complete in general!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2009, 10:07 PM

My doc told me to have sex at the four week mark, Im not scheduled to see him again until week 6, he said it would actually speed my recovery by looseing any stiches. I had an internal exam at 2 weeks, no pain. Guess different docs have different recomendations.
Unread 08-19-2009, 10:11 PM

Thanks for all of your comments. I will contact my doc in the am. But now that i am so nervous i will not be doing it again until i get the ok.
Unread 08-20-2009, 10:11 AM

4 weeks is way to early to be having sex. I would call the doctor & see if he wants to see you. A lot of damage can be done that way & you probably should be checked just to be safe. Then take it easy please. You don't want to cause adhesions & be in pain again. The sex can wait.
Unread 08-20-2009, 03:52 PM

OK everyone. I called my doc today and everything is good. Thanks for the posts.
Unread 08-20-2009, 04:06 PM

Glad things are well. Just take it slow. It will be best in the long run.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register