Verced?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Verced?!

OK I am sure this has been talked about before but here goes agaiN!

I go in for surgery in 3 days and Im a wreck!

I have terible panic attacks well am on paxil now so they are rare but I still get very panicky if that makes any sence.

I am so terrified I will panic in the operating room before I am put out the nurse at my pore op told me to ask for verced. I hate feleing drunk or drugged does it make you feel that way?? I would eb so grateful if those who have had Verced could help calm me by explaning how the drug makes you feel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Verced?!

I 'm not sure that I have ever had that med but I have been given a shot of something last week when I had my LEEP done I did not feel drunk just really tired. and i really did help to calm me down. My doctor was the one who said that it would help. I think that anything to help calm you down is a plus during surgury
Unread 08-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Verced?!

I am also asking for Verced as I am getting very nervous. Honestly, I'm not even sure what it is, but I have had lots of people tell me to ask for it. Sorry I could not answer your question.

Good luck with your surgery, I know you'll do great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Verced?!

Versed is a wonderful medication. I had it before my laparoscopy because I was really nervous. It just made me very sleepy, not dopey (am I the entire 7 dwarfs? I was definitely GRUMPY)

Please let your doc know of your fears, and your tendency towards panic attacks. I am sure they will do whatever is necessary to ensure your comfort.

Blessings
Northlights
Unread 08-03-2004, 08:02 PM
Verced?!

Dear Scrapperr,

I had versed and don't remember a thing, so it must of been good. I was also witness to my 6 yr old's reaction to it when she had to have an vcug done 2 years ago. She was a bit groggy, and did look kind of drunk. But I can tell you she never remembered a thing. I was very greatful for it. I go in for my tah/bso on Monday and have my pre-op on thurs. I guess they'll let me know what I can/cannot have. Good luck. You'll be in my thoughts.

Gricel
Unread 08-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Verced?!

Verced is a wonderful thing. I had it before and after surgery.

My hubby says I was "with it" and able to talk to them, but I swear I don't remember a thing of the entire time I was in ICU for 3 days.

When my father was on a ventilator, he was given Verced to help him "forget" what was happening. It really did help him cope with it much better.

I think it let's you act as yourself, but you will not remember anything you've done. Which sometimes can be a great thing.
Unread 08-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Verced?!

Funny you should ask about this drug today.
My last client (I do hair) is a midwife, so we talked a lot about my upcoming surgery and this very drug.
I've had it before and thought it was the greatest. Like a strong valium... ahhhhhhhhhh calming..

She said it is for pain, relaxation and to make your forget.
I personally am going to ask for it post op (if that is possible).

I am prone to panic attacks. And yes when I had my hyster 2 years ago, I was a mess waiting for surgery. But once I got that medicine... I swear... not a care in the world. And no, I didn't feel drunk. (I can't stand that feeling)

best to you, I really do understand your fears... having had the hyster myself.. and now again having to go for another surgery next week.
xo Donna
Unread 08-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Verced?!

Indiana, why were you in the ICU for 3 days? did you have complications from your TAH? I hope you are feeling better now!
Unread 08-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Verced?!

I had Versed in holding prior to my surgery to "relax me."

I did just what it was supposed to do, they gave me the shot, talked to me for a few minutes, told me we were going in the operating room, moved me to the table (with my help), talked to me about my grandchildren and the next thing I knew I was in the recovery room.

I think it is just a "I don't give a darn" kind of feeling.

Hope all goes well for you.

Sallie
Unread 08-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Verced?!

Versed is in the class benzodiazepines which are sedatives, hypnotics and/or muscle relaxants.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register